Sentinella in arch ? automate laptop shutdown kshutdown qshutdown

sudo sh -c 'systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target ; timeshift --create ; systemctl unmask sleep.target suspend.target ; systemctl suspend'
[Warning] Deleted invalid lock

/dev/sdc is mounted at: /run/timeshift/backup, options: rw,relatime

E: Not enough disk space (< 8.4 GB)
E: Select another device or free up some space

Removing snapshots (incomplete):
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Removing '2020-11-01_00-07-26'...
Removed '2020-11-01_00-07-26'                                                   
Removing '2020-11-01_00-47-33'...
  2.33% complete (01:38:37 remaining)

Errr… i have got 32Gb usbstick, to do a timeshift but… “Not enough space”. now it saying removing…

What’s happening ? What i hav being told is timeshift don’t backup files that already have being backuped… why should the usbstick being overflooded ?

In the rsync mode, snapshots are taken using rsync and hard links, and common files are shared between the snapshots to save disk space. But unique (new or modified) files take up disk space.
Depending on what you’re adding to the backup (root, pkg cache, home, yay cache, etc.) and the amount of snapshots, I see 32GB filling up relatively fast.

What is reported when you run the following?
sudo timeshift --list | grep free

[Edit]
Try the following commands to find out snapshot sizes:

• sudo du -sch /run/timeshift/backup/timeshift/snapshots/*
    reports the full size of the first snapshot, and the additional disk space used by every subsequent snapshot. The total at the bottom is the actual disk space used by all snapshots combined.

• sudo du -shl /run/timeshift/backup/timeshift/snapshots/*
    reports the full size of every individual snapshot.