See the update-issue i run into

hello again
what makes me wonder - is the frequent update issue i run into…

see the following message:

(15/23) Check if user should be informed about rebooting after certain system package upgrades.
==> INFO: Reboot is recommended due to the upgrade of core system package(s).
(16/23) Updating GIO module cache...
(17/23) Compiling GSettings XML schema files...
(18/23) Probing GTK3 input method modules...
(19/23) Updating icon theme caches...
(20/23) Checking which packages need to be rebuilt
(21/23) Updating the info directory file...
(22/23) Updating the desktop file MIME type cache...
(23/23) Updating the vlc plugin cache...

AUR Update-Check:
:: Durchsuche AUR nach Updates...
 -> Fehlende AUR Pakete:  grub-tools  grub2-theme-endeavouros  ipw2100-fw  ipw2200-fw
:: 1 Pakete zu aktualisieren.
1  aur/visual-studio-code-bin  1.72.2-1 -> 1.73.1-2
==> Pakete zum Ausschließen: (z.B. "1 2 3", "1-3", "^4" oder Repo-Name)
==> 
:: Prüfe auf mögliche Konflikte...
:: Prüfe auf mögliche interne Konflikte...
[Aur:1]  visual-studio-code-bin-1.73.1-2

1 visual-studio-code-bin           (Installiert) (Build-Dateien sind vorhanden)
==> Pakete für neuen Build?
==> [N] Keine [A]lle [Ab]brechen [I]nstalliert [No]nicht installiert oder (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4). 
==>

what to do here …

sorry for the inconvenience -
a. not having this translated
b. for the somewhat frequent mentioning of such issues…:wink:

note: i have two notebooks which i update from time to time. so you may see messages sometimes with the same description of trouble , issues etc…

Just press ENTER for the default value, which is [N].

For the translation, using LANG=C before the command has been explained to you at least twice before:

2 Likes

hello dear Stagger_Lee

many thanks - i will take care for the lang switch, at the moment i am facing some extra things.

:: Installation fortsetzen? [J/n] j
:: Pakete werden empfangen …
 tracker3-3.4.2-1-x86_64                                                 686,9 KiB  1151 KiB/s 00:01 [-----------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) Schlüssel im Schlüsselbund werden geprüft                                                      [-----------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) Paket-Integrität wird überprüft                                                                [-----------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) Paket-Dateien werden geladen                                                                   [-----------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(1/1) Auf Dateikonflikte wird geprüft                                                                [-----------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Paketänderungen werden verarbeitet …
(1/1) Aktualisiert wird tracker3                                                                     [-----------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Post-transaction-Hooks werden gestartet …
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Checking which packages need to be rebuilt

AUR Update-Check:
:: Durchsuche AUR nach Updates...
 -> request failed: Get "https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc?arg%5B%5D=grub-tools&arg%5B%5D=grub2-theme-endeavouros&arg%5B%5D=ipw2100-fw&arg%5B%5D=ipw2200-fw&arg%5B%5D=metis&arg%5B%5D=qt5-webkit&arg%5B%5D=visual-studio-code-bin&type=info&v=5": net/http: TLS handshake timeout

Drücke ENTER um dieses Fenster zu schließen:

i will switch the language after having solved this tiny thing here…

Please use Lang C, it’ll be much easier to gain help. Quite literally the post prior to it suggested it, and showed that on more than one occasion it was requested from you. It’s a help requirement, and you’re just kind of wasting bandwidth at this point.

And please don’t post bits of pieces of your terminal output. Please post EVERYTHING. Many people have typos, or capitalization issues that cause problems. The input is as important as the output for figuring out what is wrong. . .

1 Like