Sceen keeps going to sleep

Please help.
My screen keeps going to sleep after roughly 15 minutes. I have Activity Power Settings on ‘Never turn off the screen’, Display Configuration in Presentation Mode (prevents pc and screen from turning off automatically), Screen Locking set to fully off.
I cannot find any other settings to change, and my screen still goes black when watching videos. This is incredibly frustrating and the only flaw in an otherwise perfect install.

1 Like

What do you have the global setting set to?

After trying many, many things, here is what I had to finally do to fix this issue. Modify or create the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-monitor.conf and create this section within it. Set the values to what you wish (mine never shuts off with the zero values).

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "StandbyTime" "0"
    Option "SuspendTime" "0"
    Option "OffTime" "0"
    Option "BlankTime" "0"
EndSection
1 Like

Because you used a quote block instead of a preformatted block.

I fixed it for you.

1 Like

Thank you sir.

1 Like

Hmm…we may have been editing your post at the same time.

I may have inadvertently erased your edit.

Just re-edited. Should be all good.

1 Like

Initially I had at at system default (10 minutes) but switched off (as in deselected). The screen turned off anyway. I then uninstalled Powerdevil, and it turned off at ~15. I then posted this help request.
I’ve since reinstalled powerdevil and set it to 360, which appears to have worked… but I’m deeply irritated that I can’t just switch it off completely via gui, so going to try MikeDelta42’s solution as well

OK, I’ll give this a try. It’s closest to the solution I was expecting, which is nice

Nope. Even with Screen Energy Saving set at 360, it’s still switching off in 15.
Something is overriding everything else and I still cannot find it

Didn’t work.
Screen just went black 15 minutes into Netflix. This completely sucks.
That’s with Screen Energy Saving also set to 360 minutes.

You must be running some outside power saving daemon or process that plasma isn’t managing.

Nope. Even with Screen Energy Saving set at 360, it’s still switching off in 15.
Also used the 10-monitor.conf file
Something is overriding everything else and I still cannot find it.

That is the assumption. Unfortunately I haven’t the foggiest idea how to find it