Saying hello

Just thought i’d join for future problems or help…

I have been using linux for a while, for the longest time I have settled after the ‘hopping’ I think lots of us do on MX linux which for anyone who does not know is a debian based linux and actually very good and works brilliantly. However I did want to try out an Arch based linux and hit a few stumbling blocks on a vanilla install. I will try again at some point but I thought i’d hit somewhere in the middle and see how I get on… So here I am, really quite enjoying how well this works and getting on with it.

Not sure what to expect, this OS works very well and I can add in tools as I need them. Certainly its more basic in base packages than the default of many debian based distros and to be honest that is a good thing for me. It can be a bit tedious to have a load of programs installed that you never use.

I’ve stuck with xfce for some familiarity which is great, one less thing to tackle, I have installed this on my gaming laptop (if you can call it that, its about 5 years old) and it picked up the nvidia card without issue which is great.

Thanks for having me

10 Likes

welcome

3 Likes

Welcome and

Thank-you-for-flying-with-us
:milky_way:

2 Likes

@krissharm,

We have a thread for people to introduce themselves already. Would you like for me to move it there?

3 Likes

pacman do very strong things
see this
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

5 Likes

fallen over at the first hurdle! :open_mouth: yes please

1 Like

Good to know - Thank you. I didn’t know this page existed!

2 Likes

Welcome to EOS! Good to have you with us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

@krissharm
welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to the club!

3 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

3 Likes

Welcome :balloon:

3 Likes

Hello and welcome

1 Like

Welcome @krissharm, hope you enjoy your stay!

2 Likes