Same soundcard listed twice, problems with PulseEffects

Hi,
Since an update a week or so ago my soundcard is listed twice, the second time it has a (1) after the name, like this:
Screenshot_20210224_215113

When you combine this as you can see it becomes quite messy but what’s worse is that PulseEffects doesn’t start (or more likely crashes) on login. PulseEffects does work if I start it manually but as soon I close it it stops working. Before you could close PulseEffects and the equalizer remained active.

I think these problems could be related to the duplicate soundcards being listed (only one produces sound). But both in alsamixer and pavucontrol there is only one card listed so I can’t disable the extra one.

I recently also installed pipewire-pulse, gst-plugin-pipewire in order to make PulseEffects work at all.

Has anyone had similar problems? This is on latest EndeavourOS Plasma version.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Pulse effects moved to pipewire. You can install it or pulse-effects-lagacy.

I see the same thing, but it’s not a problem. You can use pavucontrol to switch the output profile from “Pro Audio” to a standard profile instead, and then the “duplicate” outputs disappear.

1 Like

Pipewire seems to be installed:

pacman -Qi pipewire
Name : pipewire
Version : 1:0.3.22-1
Description : Low-latency audio/video router and processor
Architecture : x86_64
URL : https://pipewire.org
Licenses : LGPL
Groups : None
Provides : libpipewire-0.3.so=0-64
Depends On : rtkit alsa-card-profiles libdbus-1.so=3-64 libncursesw.so=6-64 libsndfile.so=1-64 libudev.so=1-64 libasound.so=2-64
libsystemd.so=0-64 libbluetooth.so=3-64 libsbc.so=1-64 libldacBT_enc.so=2-64 libopenaptx.so=0-64 libfdk-aac.so=2-64
Optional Deps : pipewire-docs: Documentation
pipewire-alsa: ALSA configuration
pipewire-jack: JACK support
pipewire-pulse: PulseAudio replacement [installed]
gst-plugin-pipewire: GStreamer support [installed]
Required By : gst-plugin-pipewire kwin pipewire-pulse pulseeffects xdg-desktop-portal
Optional For : None
Conflicts With : None
Replaces : None
Installed Size : 5,75 MiB
Packager : Jan Alexander Steffens (heftig) heftig@archlinux.org
Build Date : fri 19 feb 2021 00:00:53
Install Date : sun 21 feb 2021 19:09:58
Install Reason : Installed as a dependency for another package
Install Script : Yes
Validated By : Signature

Thank you very much! That did indeed take care of both the duplicate soundcards and PulseEffects not starting on login! Much appreciated.