RoRo's Question(s) of the Day

For a period of time, I used the nickname “Jay” after Jam Master Jay of Run DMC fame. Later, I dropped it. My parents use to call me an abbreviated version of my first name which I despised. I’m glad they gave that up.

1 Like

Fruitloop, my uncle still calls me it & 1 of my nephew’s does too now

2 Likes

These questions start to be borderline spying to access to all my accounts :male_detective: next question what city we are born in, name of first pet, and first school. Similar to questions when setting up windows :rofl: you have been all fooled ( I am not making myself popular :innocent:)

4 Likes

Not all…i was just honking around :rofl:

honka_animated-128px-7

2 Likes

Windows OS is short of asking an end user what their blood type, favorite cereal, and floss they use.

1 Like

:point_up_2: reason I switched to Linux!

Today’s Questions of the Day:

What comfort food or snack do you find hard to say ‘no’ to and why?

2 Likes

For most of my life, it would have been virtually anything sweet. Candy, cookies, cake, ice cream, donuts, etc, etc.

Since I started exercising on a daily basis I can ignore any of that stuff.

1 Like

Does booze count as comfort food?

3 Likes

Cheese, almost any kind.

Beer does, at least.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Then booze for me. Sour ales or Trappist ales preferred.

2 Likes

Oh yes, that is very comforting, indeed!

1 Like

Mac and cheese. My Mom and my cousin make mac and cheese that taste so good that you have to take your shoes off after eating it to wiggle your toes due to its deliciousness.

3 Likes

It depends. It’s one of those foods where so much variety exists that it can be the most delicious thing in the world, or utterly inedible…

I like to make my own, because I make it just the way I like it.

My favourite cheeses for it include: Gruyère, Provolone, and Scamorza Affumicata (in a smaller proportion). A good, mature cheddar is also very nice, especially if fancier cheeses are not available. I like the combination of Béchamel-Velouté sauce (whole milk and clear stock, thickened with lightly golden, butter-based roux) with white pepper, a tiny bit of mustard, and plenty of nutmeg. Dried basil and/or origano are also good to add, but optional. For the topping, I always use homemade breadcrumbs (roughly grated), and original Parmigiano Reggiano…

And I never bake my mac and cheese. Baking it makes pasta rubbery and dry, and the sauce can split into a greasy, grainy mess. I fully cook the pasta (I prefer slightly al dente), drain it thoroughly without rinsing, mix it with the cheese sauce, add the breadcrumb topping, and put it under the broiler for just a few minutes until it becomes golden-brown and bubbly. There is no need to bake it!

3 Likes

Snack wise: Snickers candy bar.
Comfort wise: Mac & Cheese.

2 Likes

i can’t say no to potato chips, once the bag is open i only stop eating until the bag is empty. That’s why I rarely buy potato chips :yum:

0_full

3 Likes

Today’s Questions of the Day:

If you were given 25 minutes (no more and no less) to spend $25,000, what would you spend it on and why?

Clown makeup :clown_face:
I mean…It’s not much in :clown_face: :earth_africa: economy now, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Do i have to explain?!

honka_animated-128px-29

1 Like

Pay off a bunch of bills.

3 Likes