Reveil difficile et dsmeg muet

Not really…I’m using a translater because although i do know some french not enough to converse. He can update in the terminal i think but gets an error if trying to update with the Welcome app.

Edit: I almost told him to install the 390.xx from AUR but the wiki say’s only if it say’s the card is not in the database but i ran the installer check and it say’s it’s good. I guess it would matter anyway it would just install it again?

trop tard ! mais je n’ai rien perdu ni gagné !
au réveil mon écran est noir avec une bande blanche au dessus mais l’ordi est bloqué… Je dois absolument rebooter !
Que faire à présent ?
Aussi, dans mon menu Cinnamon, je n’ai aucun intitulé “nvidia”…
Merci

Here it works, just tested. Maybe he is giving the password of a wrong user?

Hi manuel,

I could read english, may be if you send any line command, I could execute ! thanks a lot

1 Like

@manuel
Now i need help as he installed the nvidia drivers and has black screen. Darn!

Edit: Does this mean having to add all the enhancements most likely because it’s not loading the module correctly probably?

En ce qui concerne le pilote du GPU, est-il possible d’utiliser nouveau, ou faut-il nvidia ?

only after a sleeping ?

Any idea about a hardware settings ?

Does it get to the desktop or not?

after rebbot or switch on, i get desktop, I use it to write here, but after a sleeping, I must to reboot

Problem after sleep or hibernate.

So currently you can boot it and get to the desktop okay. So can you show the output of

inxi -Ga

inxi -Ga
Graphics:
Device-1: NVIDIA GF119 [GeForce GT 610] vendor: ASUSTeK driver: nvidia
v: 390.143 alternate: nouveau,nvidia_drm bus-ID: 01:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:104a
class-ID: 0300
Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: nvidia
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa alternate: nouveau,nv
resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo>
Message: Unable to show advanced data. Required tool glxinfo missing.

As @manuel asked are you using hibernate or suspend (sleep)?

@kikibelux
Problem after sleep or hibernate?

If I translate “hibernate” by mettre en veille prolongée, it 's 1/2 ok : screen is usefull but no pass is required !

the “black sreeen and freeze” appear when “sleep” is sent

When i translated your first post i was thinking that you were having issues with the open source nouveau driver and you said you could not install the nvidia. So now we have the nvidia drivers installed but probably you still have that issue?

Edit: Black screen and freeze?

@manuel
Is there really a way to have the graphics come out of sleep without this issue? I’m sure it powers down and that’s the problem waking back up?

Edit: As he stated Hibernation is half okay so it must cause some anomalies also with the graphics.

yes, my problem stay
black screen is a screen black display that i can remove by reboot the machine

@kikibelux
I don’t use Hibernation or suspend on my systems for this exact reason. Some desktops and laptops work well others not so much. When it goes to sleep the card powers down and when waking up it has issues. I’m not sure that i can help much with this as it is all related to power control issue with the ACPI implementation of the motherboard. But also since you now have the nvidia drivers installed there are a bunch of other enhancements and configurations that should be set so you don’t have issues. Do you want to make those changes also?

Ok, Maybe you must know that I meet sames issues with an other Arch distribution : Arcolinux.
May-be my hardware don’t support nvidia driver, may-be must-I change the card…
If you know some other changes that I can, do I can test it !
Thanks a lot