Retort (the emoticons option next to like) disabled, perhaps for good (ENABLED AGAIN)

Today’s update broke the PM function of the forum, after posting the issue on the Discourse forum, it became clear Retort was causing this issue.
Therefore I’ve disabled the plugin and since it also caused issues in the past, it is most likely that I will not bring back this plugin any time soon.

7 Likes

:scream:

Please bring it back. :pray: :bowing_man:

(Well, when it’s fixed, anyway)

Also, this needs to be reported so the developer knows and can fix:

5 Likes

I wonder, ain’t it possible to just rollback for working version of this plugin? (before first problems with infinite loading etc)

+1 for bringing it back when it’s sorted…
But for now PM and rest of the forum obviously are more important :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The plugin doesn’t break, it’s changes in Discourse which break the plugin. :sob:

5 Likes

Please bring it back. :pray: :sob:

Having emoji reacts is absolutely essential to cut down on the clutter. Instead of replying with “okay” and cluttering the thread with irrelevant chitchat, it is sufficient to react with :ok_hand: or :+1: and a :roll_eyes: react gives more feedback than a reply could possibly do. It this non-verbal communication that is pretty essential in my opinion.

9 Likes

I’ve enabled retort again, since most of you kind of depend on it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I don’t think it causes issues anymore after today’s update.

7 Likes

Thank you!
frog_hugs_72

1 Like