Repo's out of sync?

I was unable to do an online fresh install as it kept failing. After doing an offline install I am unable to update via ‘pacman -Syu’ as get the following errors:

:: Retrieving packages…
eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
welcome-24.5.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
eos-update-notifier-24.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
eos-rankmirrors-24.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
endeavouros-mirrorlist-24.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download
Total ( 5/16) 223.4 KiB 7.39 KiB/s 00:30 [-------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed retrieving file ‘welcome-24.5.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from mirror.jingk.ai : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘eos-update-notifier-24.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from mirror.jingk.ai : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from mirror.jingk.ai : The requested URL returned error: 404

Any suggestions? Or do I just need to wait for the repos to sync?

Have you tried updating your mirrors? You can do this easily through the welcome app

Yes, I should have mentioned, I tried to update mirrors after it first failed. I have also run

‘sudo reflector --protocol https --verbose --latest 25 --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirro
rlist && sudo eos-rankmirrors --verbose’

But still get the same errors.

It looks like it may be an issue on that mirror. I am not 100% certain how to but if you comment out that mirror in the mirror list it should update. (There are a few similar threads, I just can’t remember what they are, I’ll see if I can find out some more for you)

This topic may help File 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.5-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' missing from all mirrors - #10 by manuel

Oh I didn’t include all of the errors but those same errors happen for all of the repos, for example:

error: failed retrieving file ‘welcome-24.5.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from fastmirror.pp.ua : The requested URL retu
rned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from fastmirror.pp.ua : The requested
URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘endeavouros-mirrorlist-24.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from ftp.acc.umu.se : The request
ed URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘eos-update-notifier-24.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from ftp.acc.umu.se : The requested
URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file ‘eos-rankmirrors-24.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst’ from ftp.acc.umu.se : The requested URL
returned error: 404

so I don’t think it is a specific repo issue but seems to be happening to most, if not all, repos.

Hmm, I’m not to sure then. I’ll do a bit more digging and if I find anything that may be helpful, I’ll post it here. Otherwise hopefully someone else should be able to help you.

The only topics I can find on here and the Arch forum are like this one here
https://forum.endeavouros.com/t/mirror-problem-with-pacman-and-yay/

Thanks for the help. I tried this but no joy. I manually checked a bunch of mirrors and can see that some of the packages, specifically this fails when I run ‘pacman -Syyu’

eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst failed to download

which is different than what is in the repos, for example:

(https://mirrors.gigenet.com/endeavouros/repo/endeavouros/x86_64/eos-bash-shared-24.16.8-1-any.pkg.tar.zst) 17-Apr-2024 11:01

Not sure if there is a way around this other than wait for the repos to sync?

This seems to have been the main answer I found was to wait

The eos-bash-shared package was updated on Wednesday. If a mirror isn’t good with that package and 2 days behind, I’d recommend trying more EOS mirrors, more so than the couple you listed above.

The welcome package was updated on the 19th, so being a day or less, might be expected to not be in sync.

It seems that anything newer than Apr 17 is causing an error, in all repos (from what I can tell). If I just look at ‘eos-bash-shared’ I see:

error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.jingk.ai : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.freedif.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.funami.tech : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.jlu.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.albony.xyz : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.moson.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.archlinux.tw : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.gigenet.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from fastmirror.pp.ua : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from md.mirrors.hacktegic.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.nimatarlani.com : Maximum file size exceeded
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.alpix.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from de.freedif.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ftp.acc.umu.se : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.urbanwave.co.za : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.nxtgen.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from endeavour.remi.lu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from fosszone.csd.auth.gr : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from ftp.belnet.be : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.sjtu.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from endeavouros.ip-connect.info : The requested URL returned error: 404

The files you are trying to download are very old. This means your list of mirrors in file
/etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist
are very much out of date.

You can present the list here by running command

eos-sendlog </etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist

and showing the returned address.

This mirrorlist can be fixed by running command

eos-rankmirrors

or manually editing the file and commenting out the first mirror line as many times as needed for the updating to work.

Edit: just checked, all except one of the mirrors are up to date now.

1 Like

eos-update-notifier-24.4.3-1-any.pkg.tar.zst

As it tries to download outdated versions, it will be the local package database is outdated? In case this can happen also if you are using -Syu if it was using an outdated mirror to get the db from.

use -Syyu in this very special case only (not to be used in general)

1 Like

This issue was happening during install when using the Online which failed. I was able to install using the ‘offline’ option but after was not able to run ‘pacman -Syu’ or ‘pacman -Syyu’ as it gave the 404 errors.

The fix as mentioned was just to wait as it is now working as the repos have all been sync’d.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support!

1 Like

The repos/mirrors were synced before already… but could be some issue with timedate not synced on your machine, could cause db not to get updated. Or it was a mirror with an issue before @manuel checked them outdated and used to get db from …

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.