Replace WIFI Card in Old Laptop

I have an old Toshiba Satellite P775D laptop that has an internal Realtek RTL8188CE WIFI card. I have had a lot of trouble with the wireless connection frequently dropping out. I have researched this forum as well as the Arch forum and read many posts about these issues as well as what appears to be complicated fixes that are often temporary and must be redone after running updates.

I decided to replace the WIFI card with an Intel AC7265 card which I believe to be compatible with the laptop. The card is arriving tomorrow and I’d appreciate some tips about how to have it recognized in EndeavorOS and install the driver.

I plan on using a hard-wired internet connection when I first boot up after installing the new card. Will the card be recognized automatically? If not what commands do I run? Do I have to uninstall anything prior to shutting down to replace the card?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It should be, Intel drivers are installed by default.

Thanks. Hopefully it works without a hassle.

Just want to give an update. I received the card yesterday and installed it when I got home from work. It was truly Plug & Play. When I booted up the computer, it was immediately recognized and works perfectly. I now have both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands.

The card also has Bluetooth but I didn’t install the associated software when I was setting up the OS. What packages should I install to get Bluetooth working?

:eye: https://discovery.endeavouros.com/bluetooth/bluetooth/2021/03/