Rename workspace: input box is super small

I have the following command in my i3 config:

bindsym $alt+r exec i3-input -F 'rename workspace to "%s"' -P 'New name: '

Works well.

However, the input box that pops up is incredibly small, I’d guess 8px font size at best. I want to increase the font size. Better yet, I’d like to control the layout and location of the input. I have looked at the docs for i3wm, and while I see the command i3-input in many places, I cannot find any info on how it is formatted etc.

Would it be possible to use Rofi or similar to capture the input and pipe stdout to i3-input via a script?

I’m fairly proficient with writing shell scripts, but I can’t get my head wrapped around capturing the input from rofi. I think I need something else, but I’m not sure what.

Any help getting me started would be excellent. Thank you!!

Then you could get plenty of ideas from existing scripts.

1 Like

Yes why not :wink:

i3-msg rename workspace to $(rofi -dmenu -lines 0 -p 'New name' -config ~/.config/rofi/rofidmenu.rasi)

Note - You can change the config line to use the powermenu rofi config and even make a new one.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen this part of the repo. I was trying to figure things out from the man page but couldn’t. Thanks!! Very useful!!!

1 Like

BINGO!! I thought it must have something to do with using

-dmenu

but I couldn’t make sense from the man page. This plus the list of scripts really helps. THANK YOU!!! :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.