Refresh rate issues on Qtile

Hello everyone. I’ve noticed recently that some games were not running at my monitor’s refresh rate and were stuck at 60 fps on my Qtile session: my monitor has a 75 hz refresh rate, which is not a big difference from 60 but I’ve been experiencing some input drops that I attribute to the framerate cap. Anyway, at first I though this was some issue with Picom, but killing all Picom (and even starting a session with it totally disabled) I’m still running Qtile at 60 fps. What’s weirder is that I also have Gnome installed (don’t ask) and I can run things at the proper refresh rate there. I’m using the Nvidia proprietary drivers (dkms with the Zen kernel) and I remember having problems with screen tearing on Firefox when I installed Qtile, so I had to add to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf the lines

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER"
EndSection

and I also have AllowGSYNCCompatible=On but from what I’ve seen this actually changes nothing, although it now says in the monitor section that

Section "Monitor"

# HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Philips PHL 272V8"
    HorizSync       85.0 - 85.0
    VertRefresh     48.0 - 75.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

so it actually sees the refresh rate, it seems. Setting the refresh-rate option manually on Picom also changes nothing, so I actually don’t know what else to do. Again, this is such a minor problem that I only ever noticed it when I tried to make a game run above 60 fps (without turning vsync off), but I wanted to fix it, if anyone could help me.

TL,DR: Cannot go above 60 fps specifically on Qtile with Picom either on or off, but can just fine on Gnome.