Recent extension-manager (AUR) update fails to build

I’m not sure i don’t know this application? Come on Scotty?

settings-symbolic.svg for Extension-manager:

Screenshot from 2022-03-28 18-39-06

settings-symbolic.svg for Cozy-audiobooks:

Screenshot from 2022-03-28 18-43-56

Not an ideal test for my human eye, but it looks like the exact same icon to me. The file sizes are different, so I guess that Extension-Manager might need to change their settings-smybolic.svg to something else to not conflict with the Cozy one ?

1 Like

That is a problem that one of the application developers/AUR maintainers will need to fix.

In the short term, you can work around it in a few ways off the top of my head:

• Add --overwrite usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/actions/settings-symbolic.svg to your yay/paru command.
  • Use the flatpak of cozybooks
  • Modify one of the PKGBUILDs to remove that icon before installing.

Personally, I would either overwrite it or switch to the flatpak of cozybooks.

2 Likes

Thank you, those are all good temporary solutions to take in the meantime. If/when the extension-manager dev addresses the issue, I can update the post. Seems like it’d be a simple enough fix for the devs to do so might get lucky and get an updated fix soon.

I don’t know why, but I’m trying to attempt a flatpak free Arch experience. Nothing against flatpak, I’ve used it in the past a lot and do prefer it over other packaging formats, but since nearly everything* is available in Arch/AUR, I’ve been using those in my quest to keep learning more. And overall, I find I learn more with some of the AUR packages than I would with a flatpak. Like I said, I’ve got nothing against flatpak, I’m just doing like an experiment using only Arch/AUR packages if that makes any sense.

@ricklinux Thanks for your testing and remember not to drink maple syrup near your keyboard :wink:

@Scotty_Trees
Maybe you just need snaps. :rofl:

1 Like
snapd -remove @ricklinux 
@ricklinux no longer exsists
there is nothing to do

:grin:

Hmm? Is the like exercist?
I was always missing! :grin:

1 Like

In the meantime, you can always just use --overwrite as described above.

1 Like

Thanks again for the help fellas. I’ll let ya know if a fixed update drops in the hopefully near future :+1:

You could report this problem to one or both of the devs of these apps on their AUR page, like @dalto seemingly implied.

@manuel don’t worry it was the first thing I did :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, that slipped my eyes. :man_facepalming:

1 Like