Recent extension-manager (AUR) update fails to build

Greetings lovely community,

Quick side note: there’s a great new application that came out recently that some of you may have already heard of called extension-manager that essentially takes what Gnomes Extension app is, but uses GTK4/libadwaita and adds additional features and juices it up to level 11 so the app is more inline with the Gnome Extensions website. For a full breakdown, feel free to visit their Github/AUR for more info:

https://github.com/mjakeman/extension-manager

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/extension-manager

Now, back to my issue today at hand is the package’s recent update fails to update running yay

Package (1)        Old Version  New Version  Net Change

extension-manager  0.2.3-1      0.3.0-1        0.07 MiB

Total Installed Size:  0.35 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.07 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [-----------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                   [-----------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                        [-----------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                  [-----------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
extension-manager: /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/actions/settings-symbolic.svg exists in filesystem (owned by cozy-audiobooks)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> exit status 1

I’ve already tried a cleanbuild (unsuccessfully), and I’ve also submitted a bug report on the devs Github/AUR sites to let them know as well, but if there’s something else I could do to get it working again or if I just have to patiently wait for a hotfix to be deployed. The only “solution” I can think of is if I uninstall Cozy, see if the extensions-manager builds then, and then reinstall Cozy and hope that doesn’t put out an error. But other than that I think I’m a little out of ideas.

Anyone have any suggestions please let me know, if not no worries, and thanks for reading my post.

Are you still on Gnome? I just built it but my Gnome install is still 41.5 Tell me what to do. I don’t have anything installed as it’s fresh.

Screenshot_20220328_174908

1 Like

I just see this in your build output?

1 Like

I never left it :stuck_out_tongue: But I think it’ll build fine on a fresh install. But having cozy-audiobooks I think now complicates things for some reason, not sure entirely why. I can post the entire build output if you really want to check, but I only saw the error at the end of it, so I only posted that part.

Just get rid of cozy-audiobooks and you’ll be fine! :laughing:

Edit: Anyway it’s here. I just don’t have 42 extensions installed.

Screenshot_20220328_175249

Edit2: It’s definitely working as you can see!

Screenshot_20220328_175703

1 Like

Now install cozy-audiobooks and tell me it all still works :wink:

1 Like

Okay i installed it from the AUR but when i type it in i get this? :thinking:

Screenshot_20220328_180719

Edit: Do i need to install this too?

Edit2: Oh ya!!!

Screenshot_20220328_180907

Screenshot_20220328_181009

Edit: Aren’t i the best? :rofl:

1 Like

Hmmmm, the Arch gods do not like me today then… I uninstalled Cozy, then installed Extensions-manager successfully, then tried to reinstall Cozy, but alas…

Package (1)      New Version  Net Change

cozy-audiobooks  1.2.0-1        1.12 MiB

Total Installed Size:  1.12 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [-----------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity                   [-----------------------] 100%
(1/1) loading package files                        [-----------------------] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts                  [-----------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
cozy-audiobooks: /usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/actions/settings-symbolic.svg exists in filesystem (owned by extension-manager)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
 -> exit status 1

It appears I can have one app, but not the other! :exploding_head:

Btw @ricklinux you installed the wrong Cozy. It’s not cozy drive, it’s cozy audiobooks, it’s from the AUR :stuck_out_tongue:

yay -S cozy-audiobooks

Let me know if the Arch gods don’t like you as well today!

That’s what i installed?

This one mate:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cozy-audiobooks

I question this every. single. day. :rofl:

Anyway you are right. For some reason it installed that? :rofl: I try again.

1 Like

You’re probably not getting enough maple syrup in your diet and it’s causing you massive brain fog :wink:

Okay…so i messed up! I get to do that you know. I’m not perfect. I’m not even smart! So i installed the right package this time but it failed same as you got!

Screenshot_20220328_182352

I’m not that knowledgeable about package builds so …help me out here! :rofl:

Edit: I’m just a dumb Canadian who likes Tim Horton’s and donuts!
Edit: Oh ya maple syrup & pancakes!

1 Like

That’s where I’m at too. I guess maybe permissions need to be changed for something to allow both apps to use the same file that’s conflicting now. Not sure if that falls on the user or falls on the package maintainers, but since they are both from the AUR, it’s kind of a wait and see at this point since I’m all out of ideas. I did submit bug reports so perhaps that’ll help shed some light on this. It is a bit odd, to use one app, I have to uninstall another app, but it’s a “temporary solution” at best right now lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay so what do i need to do boss? How do i edit the package build to fix this? I’m not a programmer! I just try…! :upside_down_face:

Edit: Where’s @dalto when you need him? :laughing:

1 Like

Pretty simple, you open up the file dalto.exe and wait for a command prompt response :wink:

You’re not on Gnome 42 yet?

1 Like

Err…both those applications ship with the icons with the same name?

Are they the same icon?

1 Like

Nah, I’m not on any testing repos at the moment. I’m not in a huge hurry to have Gnome 42, where half my apps will be GTK3 and half my apps will be GTK4 and themes looking “slightly” inconsistent, but it’ll be livable :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm hold on, let me try to check that.