Questions regarding environments

We’re not that strict over here.

2 Likes

I know an endemic Deutchman species that don’t use bicycle but velocypede :grin:

1 Like

< off-topic >
There are also “opposite” examples: I know a guy who also rode every day to work (about 10 kilometers per side) for many years (except vacations of course). That may not sound bad, but if you think that here it can be snowing a lot in winter, and temperature can be down to about -20 degrees celcius the whole day…

Now he is already retired, and he is still in great condition… :sweat_smile:
< /off-topic >

3 Likes

Me literally right now dreaming of snow. :joy:

Seriously though, filipinos drean for snow, but can’t last on a 20 degrees celsius. How do you stay warm on a snowy weather though? I can’t survive with that -20 temperatures. My blood clots are gonna pop of coldness!

1 Like

I too cannot last at 20°C, except for me, that is too hot :smiley:

I visited a friend in Manila, a couple of years ago. Beautiful country, the Philippines, especially outside of the city, gorgeous forests, hills, and beaches. Oh, and Lakatan bananas, they are delicious! We don’t have those in Europe. But the heat was unbearable, the temperature in the evening was 39°C. I felt like a snowflake in a furnace.

Sorry for going off topic :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are outside, you must have proper clothes. Many layers of soft clothes, and the top layer should keep the wind outside. And cover all parts of you, especially feet, hands and the head. Usually that’s enough.

But if you are inside, no problem. Houses are really warm here in winter. :smile:

Sorry again for off topic. I try not to do that anymore.

Welcome on board! You can install any popular desktop environment afterwards, even after the installation process.

Great news, it is running Endeavour! Nice OS. I used first the XFCE and download the others later. Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the fun :beers: Feel free to ask about anything you might run into.

Creating a second user account for the second DE is recommended . This way you can test the DE . Not needed for plasma , since you can change it into anything :blush: EASILY

1 Like