Question about having minimal KDE with Gnome Wayland co-existing

I don’t have that problem here on pipewire\wayland :thinking:

I don’t know why people like to make it more difficult for them than necessary. Especially GNOME users…

Just remove every trace of GNOME and install Plasma on Xorg and enjoy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The challenge you are going to have with your approach as you find problems is determining which ones are real problems and which problems are caused by your gnome/kde frankeninstall.

7 Likes

This is a post from 2011 about KDE4.4 on Debian. It is not applicable to your situation.

Like I said, you are making this a million times more difficult than it needs to be.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. What I will do is create a dedicated KDE User and work on my application testing and configuration. I’m closing this question as resolved as I now know the real minimal install I should go with (and that and X11 vs Wayland setup should have the same minimal applications\dependencies).

2 Likes

@Kresimir @dalto
So I was doing a little looking like there are certain factors that could come into play when it comes to the audio volume resetting (for my setup and the bug referenced):

-Use of headsphones plugged in physically.
-Use of Wireplumber.

Allot of the time (as a QA) this is why I dig to find out how components interact to find the root cause of a problem. Jumping to the gun without analysis is like just repeating what someone else did hoping for the same result. Its this kind of understanding I try to develop so I know what to capture when I file a defect myself.

1 Like

That will probably not be enough. The best approach is to remove GNOME and install Plasma. Or do a clean install of the OS, which is a lot harder to mess up, but a bit unnecessary.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.