My sound settings isn’t listing all the available connected audio devices. I had creative sound blaster soundcard usb plugged in.
... Audio: Device-1: NVIDIA GA102 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel Device-2: AMD Starship/Matisse HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel Device-3: Creative Sound Blaster X7 type: USB driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid Sound API: ALSA v: k6.1.6-arch1-3 running: yes Sound Server-1: PulseAudio v: 16.1 running: yes Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.64 running: yes ...
When I ran
aplay -l | grep card
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [LG Ultra HD] card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1] card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2] card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3] card 2: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 0: ALCS1200A Analog [ALCS1200A Analog] card 2: Generic [HD-Audio Generic], device 1: ALCS1200A Digital [ALCS1200A Digital]
However, I am not able to select Sound Blaster X7 as output from PulseAudio. There is a particular sequence where I first logged into windows, have sound output from X7, then restart into endeavouros (dual boot), and at first PulseAudio was able to select X7 as sound output and I was able to hear sound from it. But after turning the device on and off, PulseAudio was not able to detect it anymore. I could also find X7 from alsamixer. I’ve also tried different sound inputs (3.5mm line out, arctis 7 USBC and I was able to select it from PulseAudio.
There seems to be some race condition going on, after restarting it with my X7 turned on, I now can’t select it from pulse audio as output.