Pulseaudio exits without error when app is opened

Hello! owo7

I’m having a really frustrating issue with my system. It starts fine, but for certain apps (Stardew Valley, sometimes pavu) it just… exits. Straight-up exits. No error, no sort of warning, nothing. I cant get pulse to not daemonize itself (disabling autospawn to get the logs doesnt work! :D), journalctl shows no errors, and google quite literally gives me the exact same posts, all of them with no solution. The only thing journalctl has is this spam: (audio_device_pulse_linux.cc:1709): paOperation NULL in WaitForOperationCompletion

I’m running kernel 5.18.3-arch1 and pulseaudio 16.0.

Some of them have other info.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pop_os/comments/qs2x3z/help_pulseaudio_seems_to_be_dying_a_lot/

You can look upstream bugs to find a similar one and contribute with your info, or create a new bug report.

his solution was switching the port his DAC is on, i dont have one so that solution is a nogo.

You can look upstream bugs to find a similar one and contribute with your info, or create a new bug report.

the problem with this is theres no error at all, so i can’t search, and its not crashing, its just… stopping.

Then report exactly this. If there is a simple solution, they will give it. If there is not, they will try to find it. They know how to troubleshoot it best. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

solved, was fixed in 16.1 (released yesterday)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.