Proton fails to re-build?

So after today’s update, the rebuild hook gave this…

Checking which packages need to be rebuilt
foreign proton
[wombat@endeavouros ~]$

So I did the following…
yay -S proton --rebuild When asked if I wanted to cleanbuild packages, I answered “A” for All.

The rebuild process went on and I ended up with this at the end…

(1/1) reinstalling proton                                                [-----------------------------------------] 100%
:: This package, due to the way it is built and packaged is officialy UNSUPPORTED
   by Valve. Please do not bother them if something doesn't run with it.
   If something does NOT run with this package, but DOES run with the same official
   version, installed according to upstream instructions, feel free to report it through
   the AUR comment section.

This version of Proton is meant to be used with "steam-native" from the
   "steam-native-runtime" package on Arch Linux
:: Running post-transaction hooks...
(1/2) Arming ConditionNeedsUpdate...
(2/2) Checking which packages need to be rebuilt
foreign proton
[wombat@endeavouros ~]$

A bit confused with this one. :thinking:

This happens for me too with other packages. Can’t really tell if it’s a python version issue or Rebuild Checker not working correctly.

Once I rebuild, I just ignore it, so long as my apps are running correctly.

2 Likes

This is why I let Steam and Heroic take care of proton and wine for me with the games I run. Have found it a lot better experience with way less hassle and games etc break a lot less often.

1 Like

Would removing proton revert to Steam dealing with it? or should I just leave well-enough alone?

I honestly don’t know hey, I would assume you might have to tell each game which version of proton to use but as I let it just take care of this it’s not something I’ve ever had to do apart from occasionally telling it to use a different version of proton or wine

1 Like