Problems with ncurses

So, I’m developing in console app in c# which uses ported ncurses library. The main problem is dll file name which I can not implement correctly. I mean idk what is the correct dll file name for libncurses. I’ve tested every output of command locate libncurses and it gives me following error:

** Unhandled exception. System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load shared library ‘libncurses.so.5.9’ or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: libncurses.so.5.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory**

And after reading stack overflow installing ncurses-compat-lib should do the work but it doesn’t even install because of gpg key error.
Any good solution for this?

Well, there’s your problem. I would stay away from C# on Linux.

Use a normal language, like C or C++.

Exactly which package are you trying to install, and how? This package does not seem to exist in the repos and in the AUR. Which guide are you following?

Of course, that will not fix the main issue here, which is the fact that C# sucks.

2 Likes

So the package name is ncurses5-compat-libs and I don’t know why I stay in c#… I just like this language

Before installing anything from the AUR, it’s a good idea to look at the AUR website:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ncurses5-compat-libs/

From the comments:

gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys C52048C0C0748FEE227D47A2702353E0F7E48EDB

Again, this is not what I would recommend. Using ncurses in C or C++ is trivially simple and you don’t need any such additional packages.

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.