Problem with Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless Adapter and r8168

after removing r8168 the /etc/modprobe.d/ has no blacklist of 8169 ?

after bood tried also sudo modprobe rtl8188ee

just curius…

with other rtl drivers removing rtl8168 fixed for there rtl , mayby is there somerhing stil in the modprobe.d …

Actually, in /etc/modprobe.d/ I have r8168 blacklisted, as I had set before. Also tried sudo modprobe rtl8188ee after rebooting, but nothing.

sudo modprobe should be direct rebooting is effect gone pacman -Ql linux | grep lrtl8188ee

it is there will see… missed,…

Modprobe should auto reboot is what you are saying? Or I should reboot just after using it? Because that is what I did. Also, pacman -Ql linux | grep rtl8188ee returns

linux /usr/lib/modules/5.14.14-arch1-1/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8188ee/
linux /usr/lib/modules/5.14.14-arch1-1/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8188ee/rtl8188ee.ko.zst

you should not reboot atleast
unles you set some options but i dont know the dep of this version… have to see :stuck_out_tongue:

you could give a try : echo “options rtl8188ee ant_sel=2” | sudo tee /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8188ee.conf

in root , other word

options rtl8188ee ant_sel=2 in /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8188ee.conf

Tried that, but seem to have no effect.

@ringo
Is there a power management setting for that chip to turn off.

Edit: Yes…we tried that already.

Supposedly from all the reading i have been doing the RTL8188EE should run off the kernel module as it was supposed to have been added quite some time ago. I think i would remove the r8168 package instead of blacklisting it and make sure no other modules are affecting it.

Edit: Here is the latest info and you could check also that you have the latest firmware. All the info is on these pages.

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/rtl819x

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/rtl819x#firmware

TL;DR
Have you tried using the LTS kernel?

:100:

The module is inside kernel and enabled… so it should work, if not first thing to do is to remove the out of kernel r8168 package and if this does not help, try the LTS Kernel to boot as @manuel mentioned.
sudo pacman -S linux-lts linux-lts-header