Problem with EOS signature

I booted up my computer to find that I had an update available, and when I went to upgrade it, I was met with this.
I tried deleting /etc/pacman.d/gnupg, and running these commands:
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman -Sc
sudo pacman -Syu

but I still encountered the same error. (quick note: the refresh-keys command finished with this error:==> ERROR: A specified local key could not be updated from a keyserver. )

I repeated the above commands, except I added keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net to /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/gpg.conf and ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf after running the init command. It still resulted in the same error, but I notied that the refresh-keys command was able to get a bunch of keys.

Please help me out.

Oh and in case it matters, I’m using KDE.

Welcome aboard!

OK stop :hugs:

Breathe :wink:

BRB

Try a different keyserver (e.g. keyserver.ubuntu.com) - this one was/is having problems.

Try:

wget https://mirror.alpix.eu/endeavouros/repo/endeavouros/x86_64/endeavouros-keyring-1-4-any.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U endeavouros-keyring-1-4-any.pkg.tar.xz

Those are separate commands :hugs:

3 Likes

This fixed it. Thankyou :smiley:

…but why? Can the valid EOS keys only be acquired from that file? Will I have to do this over and over again as time passes?

This didn’t fix this issue, but it fixed another one I was having: installing spotify-adblock-linux from the AUR. TY

Edit: actually no wait. I jumped the gun too soon. I’m now getting a “Failure while downloading” error :frowning:

Edit #2: the fix was to use spotify-dev instead of spotify

1 Like

this is also not the Eos key, as far as i can see here… this is caused by keyserver error.

Different error, different problem, different solution. :wink:

I had the same issue with the keyserver not working when trying to install Spotify from the AUR.

I added the ubuntu keyserver mentioned earlier to the conf files at “/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/gpg.conf” and “~/.gnupg/gpg.conf” as mentioned in the arch wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Package_signing#Cannot_import_keys

I did a keyserver init, populate and refresh and it installed ok after that.

1 Like