Problem using tee

@dalto:
Thanks for your proposals after I have marked the question as “solved”. It is a very good answer and I have learnt much because I rarely use awk (but I should use it much more as I see)…

1 Like

WIth a working knowledge of vi, awk, and sed you can work on any BSD or Linux system even headless servers, etc. Every Unix, BSD, and Linux OS I have seen have these included in the base install. Welcome to your new addiction.

Pudge

2 Likes

I always want to step forward. Last week I migrated my production server from Debian to Arch - all work was done via ssh. I have had to migrate much things like server administration tool “Froxlor”. Everything included postfix, dovecot, amavis, mail signing via DKIM any so on was successfully migrated after ~8 hours of work. So I am familar on console. But of course not perfect and with all commands. I already use sed, vi, nano intensively - but using awk and regular expressions I have to learn. So I am very happy about the great community work here at EndeavourOS. The server was the last machine which was migrated to Arch (all workstations already migrated to EndeavourOS).

Stay healthy!

4 Likes