problem to update

Good afternoon, I am new to EndevourOS, I installed it a few days ago, but today trying to install a package I realize that the pacman database cannot be synchronized, I get the following message:

:: Sincronizando las bases de datos de los paquetes…
error: no se pudo obtener el archivo «core.db» desde www.caco.ic.unicamp.br: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds
error: no se pudo actualizar core (error de la biblioteca de descarga)
error: no se pudo obtener el archivo «extra.db» desde www.caco.ic.unicamp.br: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds
error: no se pudo actualizar extra (error de la biblioteca de descarga)
error: no se pudo obtener el archivo «community.db» desde www.caco.ic.unicamp.br: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds
error: no se pudo actualizar community (error de la biblioteca de descarga)
error: no se pudo obtener el archivo «multilib.db» desde www.caco.ic.unicamp.br: Connection timed out after 10001 milliseconds
error: no se pudo actualizar multilib (error de la biblioteca de descarga)
endeavouros 15,6 KiB 3,80 MiB/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
error: no se pudo sincronizar ninguna base de datos

Hi, welcome on the forum.

This looks like a mirror issue, you can easily fix it by starting the welcome menu and click on update mirrors. Just wait, this may take a while until you see a terminal window pop-up with the new mirrorlist.

After that run sudo pacman -Syy and then try to update again.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the help

If I had to mark more country options for, it turned out with Australia, I could update.

2 Likes

As of right now, the original post, the solution post, and the problem fixed post are all labeled 1 hour. Not bad.

Welcome to the EndeavourOS forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Pudge

1 Like

Welcome to the fun forum :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like