Problem installing zoom when using paru but not yay

So I’ve mostly made the switch to paru on my eos systems, though I keep yay installed. It’s been a painless process to switch. In the last week or so though, I’ve been having trouble getting the zoom package to update with paru. It would go through the whole process and then say it failed to build. It happened again today, so out of curiosity I tried again with yay, and it installed just fine. Any thoughts on what might be going on? What logs would I check to get more details about what was going wrong with paru?

I would say just use yay don’t replace what is not broken what is the point.

I honestly don’t know, but I doubt it has anything to do with Paru vs. Yay. The aur Zoom package has been bouncing between being marked as out of date and not for a while despite not actually getting updated. Incorrect package date or improper out of date flagging has been my guess. I just ignore it at this point when I see it in the yay -Syu list.

It doesn’t seem likely that your choice of AUR helpers is causing that problem but anything is possible. Whenever you have problem building an AUR package, I always recommend clean building it. Although, zoom is a binary package so I am not sure how much that would help.

The output of what is failing should be in the terminal when you run it. I don’t think that output is logged.

1 Like

zoom is also available as a flatpak app, just in case it helps

1 Like