Pressing Shift Key to get into kernel selection

Hi, I just installed it (Neo) yesterday and upgraded the packages that installed the new kernel. After that, the system kept crashing a few times and finally booted. I tried to enter the kernel selection menu by pressing the left shift key while booting but it didn’t work. Is there something else that I am supposed to do? It worked for Manjaro and other Ubuntu-based distros. Please forgive me if it’s a stupid question as I am not well versed with Linux nitty-gritty.

I really loved the way it was performing while I was testing it.

Are you sure you have more than one kernel? The kernel upgrade replaces the kernel, it doesn’t save the old one.

If you want a second kernel try installing linux-lts, like this:

sudo pacman -Syu linux-lts linux-lts-headers
1 Like

Welcome to the forum @mindmithun :partying_face: :balloon: :tada: :enos_flag: :enos:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. I will try it out and get back to you. I am currently reinstalling the OS as it crashed. :worried::slightly_frowning_face:

Welcome to :enos: forums.

Try using akm. It’s an enos tool to manage your kernels. You can install it using sudo pacman -S akm.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help @dalto @s4ndm4n . I am now able to see the option for the LTS kernels. I haven’t logged in using the older LTS kernels yet. I will open a new thread in case.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.