[POLL] Sports Talk - Who's playing and what are you watching?

I feel no guilt about it, why would I? It’s a noble sport. :frog:

1 Like

Just an FYI - there’s no Dallas Renegades in 2023… . Or LA Wildcats. . .

Dammit all, I can’t update the poll to include Golf.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s downside of polls, you have to really think them trough first in order not to start from scratch…

Honka_old-128px-14

1 Like

What about female chess boxing?

2 Likes

I’ve literally never even imagined there would be such at thing. I’m not sure to be impressed, or just flat out stumped by the whole thing.

I’m sure that brilliant sport were created by Bender:

FINE!!! SCREW YOU!!! I’ll create my own chess boxing with blackjack and hookers!!!

2 Likes

Yeah Renegades moved to Arlington which is a weird move imo. LA disappearing is strange too :confused:

So @Kresimir I looked up chess boxing. . . I . . . can not believe that’s actually a thing.

I will not be adding it to the poll, or initial post.

The F1 testing that started yesterday and Drive to Survive on Netflix really get me into the mood for next weekends season starting race.

I am looking forward to it and hope for several things:
Much more competitive Aston Martin, McLaren, Alfa Romeo and Williams.
Hopefully, Ferrari don’t clown out too early in the season again so that it can be a real 3-team title fight. With a surprise fourth team trying to compete (yesterday’s Alonso second best time of the day kind of lets one hope that Aston Martin also got it right this time)

All in all, I hope for a much closer together field - last years season already got in the right direction and I see the appeal of the new regulations.

And I hope that Schumacher gets the chance to show his skill at Mercedes in at least one race weekend. I wouldn’t want to be in Steiner’s team and he has shown in all series he started, that he needs some races to get used to a car, once he gets that time he is a winning candidate, and at Haas he had to get used to a completely new car every season, throwing him back, and Steiner never gave him the time to get used to it. Being the Mercedes testing driver will do him really good.

First no athletic :clown_face: ball riding + honking, now female chess boxing…and you call yourself a sport fan?!

honka_animated-128px-19

2 Likes

At least chess boxing is a thing. It’s just obscure. Clown sac riding is as real as Lindsey Lohan’s soul.

1 Like

That’s very offensive to :clown_face: community…

honka_animated-128px-34

XFL is stacked in Texas. 3 teams? I’ve got the San Antonio/St. Louis rerun now from last weekend.

I’ve always liked F1, but Netflix has been great that now I have folks to actually talk to about it!

I would also really like to see it more competitive. It’s disappointing RedBull and Mercedes win pretty much every year forever. The spending of the big 3 is mindblowing how much more money they have than the other teams. I think it would be great if the points scoring was much closer. Just like 1-10 or something. If someone wins like 2 races, 50 points is MASSIVE. I don’t know. But, it would be really cool to see someone other than RedBull/Ferrari/Mercedes/RedBull/RedBull/Ferrari/RedBull again this year.

Nothing is more offensive to them, than themselves.

2 Likes

It’s bad boxing and bad chess, but the whole is much greater than the sum of its parts! Some of the female chess boxing matches I’ve watched are certainly the most fun I’ve ever had ever watching sports.

1 Like

1 Like

I already watched in the late 90s and also back when Michael was dominating F1 - but yes, the Hamilton domination of the last years was similar and if the others don’t get their act together, it will be a Verstappen dominance soon.
That’s why I have high hopes for Vasseur at Ferrari, but one man alone can’t change a team of

That said, Audi in 2026 will definitely change things, maybe not in the first season, but soon after, they throw way enough money at it and already get key personel in place. I really think that we will see Vettel being their development driver until 2026 and their first confirmed driver for the grid. Maybe together with or making space for Mick or Sophia Flörsch (who already has ties to Audi, but recently entered Alpine academy) - that said, I expect Mick to drive for Sauber next season as part of the continued take over of the team by Audi.

And I really hope that the other teams don’t Veto out Andretti-Cadillac, they could also throw a lot of money into F1 and make things interesting.

2 Likes

WRC (World Rally Championship). Guys are nuts driving on public roads as fast as possible. Hoping for more exiting year compared to last year.

2 Likes

I would really like a “Home” team so to speak. I dont’ really see HAAS as the American team really. Andretti name means a lot to the USA. That would be really exciting.

Oof. I guess I should have put this, Like golf I somehow missed it. I’m not even the slightest or have even remote interest in UFC. It makes me sad how disappointing us humans are to have this urge to kill each other.