Plasmashell spamming journal?

I have 2 machines here (fully upated) with the same problem (not sure if it is a problem or normal). When I use ‘journalctl -f’ to follow the journal, I get this same block of lines repeated every one second.

Jan 09 09:08:12 aspiree15 plasmashell[875]: qml: stderr:
Jan 09 09:08:12 aspiree15 plasmashell[875]: qml:
Jan 09 09:08:12 aspiree15 plasmashell[875]: qml: 1
Jan 09 09:08:12 aspiree15 plasmashell[875]: qml: CHECK STATS
Jan 09 09:08:12 aspiree15 plasmashell[875]: qml: cmd: for file in /sys/block/*; do if [[ $(cat “${file}/removable”) -eq 1 ]]; then echo “$file $(cat ${file}/stat) $(cat ${file}/device/vendor) $(cat ${file}/device/model)”; fi; done

Anyone else seeing this or know if it os normal ?
Thanks

I don’t have those particular errors but plasmashell reports errors coming from all over the place. It could be an issue with a plasmoid or even an application you are using. That doesn’t look like a high-risk issue to me. something is trying to get device status and failing for some reason.

Thank you. I have not noticed any ill effects, mostly just curious.

Just had a look on my Plasma 6 setup - I’m not seeing this.

Thanks. Out of 4 plasma installs I am only seeing this on 2 of them. I don’t use any addons. It seems to be looking for removable devices and then reporting back with the results. But I have no idea what 's asking for this in the first place.

Sorry, can’t help you with that. All I know is that QML is a user interface markup language - so I would expect that some application or widget is throwing these messages?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.