Plasma unable to load themes and others from internet

A personal firewall is useless here, we have 2 office firewalls together with Thread Detection and Thread Defense here in my office :wink: With malware detection, blocking of intruders and all fine things, a good Hardware firewall can do :slight_smile:

Did you actively deinstall it? Because I think firewalld is installed and activated by default with a fresh install:

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/applications/firewalld/2022/03/

Yes, it is uninstalled via yay and there is nor service of guwf running

The whole system has no problem accessing all internet ressources I tried

A lot of these themes from the internet don’t install or don’t work properly at times. I use the ones that do work and mostly i don’t bother with them anyway. I only change my background and I’ll change Icons. One just gets to know which ones work which ones don’t and which ones just cause problems. This is why i rarely have issues with Kde because i stay away from doing this.

3 Likes

Confirm you have Breeze theme enabled, or use Breeze.

With Breeze enabled also no function

firewall is not gufw … these are two different things.
On EndeavourOS firewalld is preinstalled and enabled.

1 Like

There is absolutely no firewall installed or running. All of them are deinstalled on all my 2 E-OS systems. So I think the error could be a missing service of KDE itself. On my laptop no problem, an my desktop the problem. Both are on the latest system updates and are driven by an AMD Ryzen

If on both systems should be the same services and packages running, couldn’t you compare the activated KDE-services (https://www.simplified.guide/kde/services-disable), the enabled systemd-services systemctl list-unit-files | grep enabled and installed KDE-packages pacman -Qs | grep kde?

Have found no solution. Backed up all, installed OS new and transferred all programs and settings - without any KDE settings. All is running proper and fast now!

Thanks for all help !

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.