Plasma Intel 630UHD Graphics Issue?

I installed Endeavour Plasma with zero issues, but once i reboot my graphics or something goes all wonky. Its done it with plain arch plasma as well, not sure whats going on as Mate/Xfce work flawless. :thinking:

Could you be a little more specific with what you mean here?

Plasma should work fine with intel graphics.

screen seems like its the wrong resolution, but its set at 1920x1080. Not sure if the drivers for the intel are not loading, no idea. Everything was fine till i rebooted.

Can we see a picture?

Yup

Font is grainy, screen doesn’t seem as bright.

Is it running modesetting or Intel?

@Christopher67
Show the output of inxi -Ga

[dad@dad-Plasma ~]$ inxi -Ga
Graphics: Device-1: Intel vendor: Gigabyte driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:9bc5
class ID: 0300
Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.10 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: loaded: intel
unloaded: fbdev,modesetting,vesa resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo>
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics 630 (CML GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.3.4 direct render: Yes

Looks like its running on Intel. Have you tried removing xf86-video-intel? There may be some other configuration files though that specifically load the Intel driver. You’ll need to check that.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Intel_graphics#Xorg_configuration

2 Likes

I haven’t tried removing xf86-video-intel, so it would be sudo pacman -R xf86-video-intel correct?

Edit: Ok so i did a sudo pacman -R xf86-video-intel and rebooted and it seems to have worked everything seems much nicer now fonts ect, colors heres my inxi -Ga now

[dad@dad-Plasma ~]$ inxi -Ga
Graphics: Device-1: Intel vendor: Gigabyte driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0 chip ID: 8086:9bc5 class ID: 0300
Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.10 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: loaded: modesetting unloaded: fbdev,vesa
alternate: intel resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo>
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel UHD Graphics 630 (CML GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.3.4 direct render: Yes

Although not sure why its saying intel resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo> Missing? :thinking:

You can install xorg-xdpyinfo then run inxi -Ga again.

Edit:

I usually always install

mesa-demos
dmidecode
xorg-xdpyinfo

We should really make a sticky about that package somewhere for the amount of times we have to recommend to remove it :grinning:

2 Likes

I think sometimes it doesn’t work for all things Intel! :grinning:

Edit: But i agree we could have something about it.

1 Like

As per my post if you install xorg-xdpyinfo it will give you more info regarding the display and resolution.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, much appreciated. :+1:t3:

I was reading the arch wiki for a while, never thought to try to un-install that lmao. :rofl:

I play like 1 game on Steam called Hearts of Iron.