Photos you've taken

7 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

Where is that iconic coastline?

1 Like

Chicago, looking south toward Soldier Field and/or Shedd Aquarium.

2 Likes

…taken from where? (Because of elevation?)

200 E. Randolph Street. About halfway up an 80 story building.

3 Likes

Wow, I thought it might have been taken from a chopper. :laughing:

I just got back from a two week camping trip through Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. Saw a lot of great parks and mountains. Here is a shot from Yellowstone.

I am certainly missing the starry nights in the mountains drinking whisky by the campfire

12 Likes

Where did you stay in Colorado?

Pudge

For the CO leg we started in the White River National Forest near Basalt, CO. Then we went out to Gateway, CO near the Utah boarder.

There was some great camping/hiking, and a ton of small local breweries.

2 Likes

Did i hear somebody mention whiskey? :crazy_face:

The “Rocky Mountain High” didn’t start with Mary Jane. It started long ago with Independent mom and pop breweries. If I remember correctly, about 10 or 12 years ago they said on TV that Colorado had more independent breweries than any other state. That may have changed though.

Pudge

I like beer too! :wink:

2 Likes

There are some great ones out there. Since it was us and our two small dogs we can only hike so far since they are getting a little older. And since most breweries are dog friendly it was a natural post hike break to hydrate :wink:

3 Likes

My first real attempt at night time photography a few months back.

9 Likes

This pic is less than a week old, a lot of video from the moose in the area. Comes weekly for his coffee.

9 Likes

I just saw the most beautiful beetle I’ve ever seen. I wonder what species it is? The low-quality photo doesn’t do it justice, it was like a jewel, sparkling in the sunlight, in all the beautiful colours one could imagine, green, copper orange, purple, bright blue. But mostly green, which is the best colour. It was walking on the hot asphalt in the middle of my city and it was just a matter of time someone stepped on it, busy walking, not paying attention. I thought, such a beautiful creature doesn’t deserve such a pathetic end and its absence would make this world a less beautiful place, so I captured it in a tin of mints (having emptied the mints first), and I brought it home and released it in my garden.

EDIT2: it seems to be Cetonia aurata.

15 Likes

Went on a hike last week and all the butterflies were out to play :slight_smile:

11 Likes

My cat and fresh catnip lol

12 Likes