Permission denied error while checking if user should be informed about rebooting

I get the following ‘’ /usr/bin/eos-FindAppIcon: line 60: /tmp/eos-FindAppIcon-issues.log: Permission denied’’ error while updating my system using sudo pacman -Syu.
Updates goes smoothly except for this error. Should i ignore this?

( 9/13) Check if user should be informed about rebooting after certain system package upgrades.
/usr/bin/eos-FindAppIcon: line 60: /tmp/eos-FindAppIcon-issues.log: Permission denied
==> INFO: Reboot is recommended due to the upgrade of core system package(s).

While the devs (EnOS maintainers) may be interested to learn about this issue, I strongly think it be completely safe to ignore for an end-user.

Are you running on KDE? Just recently there was a change implemented in the icon for KDE-Discover (see Artemis-ISO release notes)… just a hunch from my end, may be comletely unrelated.

1 Like

I got this same message last night when I updated one of my machines. I’m using kde. I’m also interested in learning if there’s anything more I need to do to fix this.

1 Like

Are you running on KDE?

Yes

Thanks for the report! :+1:

This is just an annoying message that comes from trying to write a message to a file as root after the same file was already written as a non-root user.

So it can be ignored, and I’ll change it so that it does not bother anymore.

4 Likes

Thank You!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.