Pamac won't install

hello,yesterday I updated pamac-aur-git, no problem, however I did update my laptop, there I had the bug, but hey it doesn’t bother the others updates

VirtualBox_gnome_08_03_2020_10_54_36 here is the problem ,problem corrected

Capture du 2020-03-08 10-57-11

1 Like

Well, you’ll have to update once again :slight_smile:

Capture du 2020-03-08 11-27-00

Looks like pamac-aur 9.4.0 will be hard to reach :frowning:

2 Likes

ok big pale face chef :rofl:

1 Like

Everything is OK now :pray:

For the interested: I dare you to try this:

The instructions of how to use the repo is here: https://github.com/manuel-192/m-repo-info
And here’s a short description of the repo contents: https://github.com/manuel-192/m-more

I’m updating both pamac-aur and pamac-aur-git always when they compile.
If they don’t compile, I won’t update.
So it should always be easy to install, and up to date (with a small delay).
But do they work well? That’s the responsibility of the pamac devs.

And in this thread you can clearly see good reasons why EndeavourOS did not take pamac as one of its packages.

3 Likes

pamac-aur-git is simple installed and all other software which is on aur with yay not need that they are native on our OS

1 Like

I just updated it again to rc3 and the recycling has stopped…for now! :grin:

2 Likes

Just got another update to Pamac…no issues!

1 Like

Okay so i just built a brand new system. Ryzen 7 2700X with 32 GB memory and m.2 drive, ssd and 4 TB drive and Nvidia Geforce 1650. Installed Pamac after installing Cinnamon and can’t browse catagories…they are empty!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Edit: Downgraded for now!

I like the system choices you made - sounds a lot like something I would do (or did). However - I went for the strongest (then) Ryzen with integrated graphics. I am still amazed when I look through the case side at how tidy the build turned out without a GPU card! Didn’t know I had that much ‘style’ :grin:

As for Pamac - I tried it out a bit with Arcolinux, but the main thing I learned there is that I was irritated by the lack of feedback about progress if I actually used it (reminded me of Ubuntu updates!). Then went to pacman and yaourt (for the ability to modify PKGBUILDs), but yay gets most of the load now…

Freebird54

This one is a build for someone else who has difficulty so Pamac is a little bit of help. I have the same hardware sitting here for mine except i have the MSI x570 pro gaming version. Both boards are almost identical. I went with the Ryzen 7 3800X and a Radeon RX590 but everything else is the same except i got 2 m.2 drives. What was weird is these boards are PCI-e 4.0 and they have 2 cpu power plugs. One 8 pin plug and one 4 pin plug. I checked around as i ony got a 650 watt power supply for this one but a good one(Thermaltake) and it only has one 8 pin cpu plug but dual power plugs for pci-e video cards. From most information i can find it’s an extra plug for overclocking. Total wattage at full is only about 364 watts so i’m not concerned and it boots no problem. I have it loaded with EndeavourOS Cinnamon. All done ready for them.

Edit: Only issue is pamac but yet it works on all my systems. I didn’t come across this issue. So i downgraded it for now and blocked it.

1 Like

Maybe pamac hates new machines? :rofl: :upside_down_face:

No it’s just weird because i have the newest archlinux-appstream-data on all my other computers and yet other people have this problem. They can’t install it fresh either. Now i have a brand new computer and same thing. I think @FredBezies is playing with us. :wink: :rofl:

Edit: Not likely…he’s too passionate for that.

pamac-aur test

Is this one a new version?
Edit: You mean test pamac-aur. :blush:

no, I did vm tests it works in real no

I don’t understand why it works on my 3 other computers and i have two more that also were updated and no problem. It doesn’t make any sense to me because i have the latest archlinux-appstream-data package.

a new basic installation with pamac-aur (git) in addition no problem, it must have certain dependencies that shit in the glue