Pamac-aur-git will not build

Hi. I am having an issue using yay to install libpamac and pamac-aur-git. I found some earlier topics on these packages, but they don’t appear to address this particular issue; which is that both packages fail to compile successfully with the same error. I have put a block of the output below, it appears to point to a missing dependancy? or something of that nature. I am using yay -S packagename to do this. Any help would be most appreciated.

Blockquote
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
[18/134] Compiling Vala source …/src/package.vala …/src/alpm_package.vala …/src/plugin_loade…aemon.vala …/src/snap_interface.vala …/src/flatpak_interface.vala …/src/updates_checker.vala
FAILED: src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/package.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/alpm_package.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/plugin_loader.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/alpm_config.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/pamac_config.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/version.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/aur.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/database.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/transaction.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/transaction_interface.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/alpm_utils.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/transaction_interface_root.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/daemon_interface.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/transaction_interface_daemon.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/snap_interface.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/flatpak_interface.c src/libpamac.so.11.1.p/updates_checker.c src/pamac.h src/pamac.vapi src/Pamac-11.gir
valac -C --pkg gmodule-2.0 --pkg libsoup-2.4 --pkg appstream-glib --pkg json-glib-1.0 --pkg posix --pkg gio-2.0 --pkg libalpm --color=always --directory src/libpamac.so.11.1.p --basedir …/src --library pamac --header src/pamac.h --vapi …/pamac.vapi --gir …/Pamac-11.gir --pkg=posix --target-glib=2.38 --vapidir=/home/phil/.cache/yay/libpamac/src/libpamac-11.3.1/vapi …/src/package.vala …/src/alpm_package.vala …/src/plugin_loader.vala …/src/alpm_config.vala …/src/pamac_config.vala …/src/version.vala …/src/aur.vala …/src/database.vala …/src/transaction.vala …/src/transaction_interface.vala …/src/alpm_utils.vala …/src/transaction_interface_root.vala …/src/daemon_interface.vala …/src/transaction_interface_daemon.vala …/src/snap_interface.vala …/src/flatpak_interface.vala …/src/updates_checker.vala
gio-2.0.vapi:1769.96-1769.113: error: The type name `GLib.EqualFuncFull’ could not be found
1769 | public bool find_with_equal_func_full (GLib.Object item, [CCode (delegate_target_pos = 2.5)] GLib.EqualFuncFull equal_func, out uint position);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting…
→ error making: libpamac-exit status 4
→ Failed to install the following packages. Manual intervention is required:
libpamac - exit status 4

Blockquote

Failed to build pamac-all - General system / Newbie - EndeavourOS

5 Likes

Welcome to EndeavourOS.

Not being a jerk or anything but: do you want to like EndeavourOS? The “purple side” is not like different Arch-based distros. It could be like Arch as much as possible, in a good way, without scaring inexperienced Linux users too much. Please try to navigate the “Welcome” app and other programs to update and to install “popular” programs.

Is there a compelling reason to use Pamac or build it?

If so then I’m afraid you will need to install Manjaro instead.

2 Likes

It is of no use to post about it here: Pamac is not supported on EndeavourOS.

If anything, you should complain about it to the package maintainer on the AUR page.

4 Likes

Try installing by using yay -S pamac-aur.
It is installed on my system, no problem.