Pamac -all and -aur won't install

The yay installation stops with the following errors

src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c: In function ‘pamac_alpm_package_linked_real_get_requiredby’:
src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c:2685:27: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
2685 | (gchar*) tmp8->data = NULL;
| ^
src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c: In function ‘pamac_alpm_package_linked_real_get_optionalfor’:
src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c:2736:27: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
2736 | (gchar*) tmp8->data = NULL;
| ^
src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c: In function ‘pamac_aur_package_linked_real_get_requiredby’:
src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c:5149:27: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
5149 | (gchar*) tmp9->data = NULL;
| ^
src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c: In function ‘pamac_aur_package_linked_real_get_optionalfor’:
src/pamac-daemon.p/alpm_package.c:5206:27: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
5206 | (gchar*) tmp9->data = NULL;
| ^
[32/98] Compiling C object src/pamac-daemon.p/meson-generated_alpm_config.c.o
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting…
error making: pamac-all

Welcome! :smile:

Why not use the best package manager pacman:

sudo pacman -S yay
5 Likes

First, welcome!

pamac is currently not compatible with the latest vala.

Since pamac targets Manjaro, it isn’t that uncommon for it not to build against the Arch repos for short periods of time.

4 Likes

Short answer here. I have updated with a build patch there PKGBUILDs on AUR:

1. pamac-aur-git
  2. pamac-all-git
  3. pamac-all

Can’t say for pamac-aur as I’m not the owner of this PKBGUILD on AUR.

4 Likes

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I use yay anyway so it is not a problem for me, but pamac is sometimes a nice tool to find the exact name of a specific package.

Hi,
Thanks for the replay and the info. I should have know it as pacman is a Manjaro baby.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply and the quick fix. The installation of pamac-all is working perfectly now. Thank you again :smile:

I reported the bug, Guinux (pamac developer) fixed it.

The issue with Pamac has been resolved