Package update configuration links?

I seem to recall a feature in the Welcome app where there were a couple of buttons to allow you to configure system updates. One of them popped up a small window with some options to change the frequency of updates, and the other one opened an editor for the updater configuration file. At some point in the past 6 months, those options seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know how to access the functionality they provided?

Nevermind, I figured out that they were part of a package called eos-update-notifier, which appears to be no longer installed by default. I installed it and I’m able to configure the update notifier as I previously did. Was there a reason this was removed from the default install?

I think the main reason it isn’t really needed as you are almost always going to have updates on Arch based distros

2 Likes

Being how this is a Rolling Release Distro there are always updates as @smokey has pointed out. For the team who is small in numbers it just makes more since to focus on those apps that users are going to benefit the most from. Most of us don’t use the notifier so it doesn’t make since to keep it maintained like one of the other apps like eos-log-tool.

1 Like

How do you know that?

Omniscience :crazy_face:

I know i didn’t see it offered as an option in the last install so it would suggest that there is not enough of a demand for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.