Opencl-amd

Hello EndeavourOS community, After a system update today I was unable to use my crypto miners. I received an error message saying OpenCL was not found. I have opencl-amd installed on my system and when i do a clinfo, the information that populates detects opencl on my system.

Setup Miner... 
OpenCL driver detected.
Number of OpenCL supported GPUs: 1 
No Cuda driver or GPUs detected. 
Device 0: 
    Name:    Navi 10 [Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600 XT / 5700/5700 XT] 
    Address: 11:0 
    Vendor:  Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), ROCm
    Drivers: OpenCL
    Memory:  8176 MByte (8176 MByte free) 
Build Log: Error: AMD HSA Code Object loading failed: HSA_STATUS_ERROR_INCOMPATIBLE_ARGUMENTS: The arguments passed to a functions are not compatible.

Problem in loading kernel
    Active:  false (Unsupported device or driver version.) 

Connecting to pool... 
Connected to ethash.unmineable.com:3333  (TLS disabled)
Set Ethash stratum mode: Ethereum Proxy
Authorized worker: LTC:ltc1qfgfvlp0v875fqvsyxjpvdzcd9cmnxe9u26dcjg.Xex0 
New job received: 0xf7603e Epoch: 410 Target: 000000007e000000 
lolMiner: ../nptl/pthread_mutex_lock.c:424: __pthread_mutex_lock_full: Assertion `e != ESRCH || !robust' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
that is the error message i receive when trying to start my miner.  I am not sure how to proceed.

Any help or tips would be very much appreciated

If this is a regression in MESA or OpenCL or linux-firmware (you can check by looking at the packages you just updated) then it will be fixed in due course. The easy options are to either downgrade or wait.

thank you for your reply. I will take a look at the packages i just updated. If that is the case I will wait patiently

Did you check the AUR package comments?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/opencl-amd/

If you need to downgrade you can either use pacman -U if you have an AUR package cache, or download the previous PKGBUILD on the AUR page and use makepkg -si.

2 Likes

thank you so much!! There are comments on the link with someone having the same issue as me and they have the same gpu as me. Seems to be an issue with the update. I will run the older version until there is a fix.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.