OpenAI - chatGPT

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has asked “is linux or windows better” to this bot.

Which operating system is better? Linux or Windows?

It is difficult to say which is the best operating system since It depends on the needs and preferences of each person. Linux and Windows are both popular operating systems and each have their own advantages and disadvantages.

:speech_balloon:
:robot:

2 Likes
1 Like

No-oo-o… So I’m going to be stuck with the slow bird search service? Goodbye Google, yeah I wish.

LOL actually bypassed Bing except while I was absolutely forced to use M$'s browser. The only advantage there is that it was faster to me than DDG now.

I suspect Microsoft would like to add ChatGPT to Teams but does not dare … adding AI to “business software” would not go down well at present.

The transcription of voice in Teams is unbelievably bad.

Something to watch for is how any ChatGPT bot output is labelled, if at all. This stuff is sufficiently good at present that it could mislead. “Enhanced by ChatGPT” or “Generated by ChatGPT” would be good, but I am not holding my breath (the bot output will probably be sneaked in with no indication).

Some sort of “watermarking” seems to be underway:

1 Like

And blocking …

The plot thickens…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Nope. Not safe. They will take whatever is dished out to them. We are doomed, unless we assert some corrective measures.

The whole problem here is trust. Amazon put out a memo asking employees not to use chatGPT to write code due to intellectual property issues. While it would be nice to something like chatGPT to clean up or refactor code, companies and myself don’t feel comfortable with that level of integration since basically you are allowing access to a company’s internal code. Might be useful for open source code refactoring.

That being said, I do like using chatGPT for general questions and getting an answer without clicking 10 links and reading all the fluff to find the info I am looking for such as “what is a good shade landscaping bush for a shady, north facing house in North Carolina?” Gave me a straight forward answer.

With chatGPT, Bing/DuckDuckGo, and Google the information it gathers is more troublesome. Why I got rid of Alexa after it started talking without prompting and apparently and app got on there that I didn’t install. Lose trust, lose users.

As part of their investment, Microsoft gained exclusive access to the entire OpenAI codebase

ChatGPT is entirely housed within Microsoft Azure. When push comes to shove, they have everything, including the model weights.

It somehow transitioned from an open source non-profit to a closed source for-profit.

(c) https://birdsite.xanny.family/elonmusk/status/1639138603371491329#m

3 Likes

ChatGPT disabled for users in Italy…

screenshot-chat.openai.com-2023.04.01-11_37_05

2 Likes

AI-generated content farms are on the rise.

2 Likes

What Is Constitutional AI?

And the arms race begins

1 Like

Robot Attacks Factory Worker! #shorts - YouTube

1 Like

Maybe we still have a chance to survive the takeover of the AI overlords.

What will save us is … greed.

A significant proportion of people paid to train AI models may be themselves outsourcing that work to AI, a new study has found.

That would be great, because the new AI can’t get any better than the one before it.

1 Like

Are you sure though? :laughing:
Look like double-edged sword…Meaning most likely outcome for Skynet that is :robot:

1 Like