Online Installation stuck at 75%

Hi,
This is the third time I’ve tried to install EndeavourOS, each time it gets stuck/stops at 75%. Have left it on before trying to reinstall for at least an hour each time, tried to look around online didn’t manage to find anytime about it. Doing online installation as I want KDE as the desktop environment, just looking to find out if this install is just dead or if I leave if alone for more time it will finish or if I should just try offline install and replace XFCE later.

Once the installation reaches 75% the log will output **

QML Component (default slideshow) Next slide

** every 30 seconds.

Log File: https://clbin.com/Zn6Tu

Setting it up as dual boot with windows, have previously had Manjaro installed alongside windows without issue.

The next slide notifications in the log are just the slideshow advancing.

It is an odd place to stop.

The last line output to the log is:

[PYTHON JOB]: "==> info: copying extra drivers to target\n" 
1 Like

The next slide notifications in the log are just the slideshow advancing.

I probably should have 2 and 2 together and figured this out.

Its coming up on 2 hours since it started copying, do you reckon its a lost cause and should try offline installation or just leave it be?

Yes. That step usually takes very little time. If it has been sitting there for two hours it is probably broken.

Looks like rate-mirrors cannot do ranking, it gets a timeout.
Then probably mirrorlist is not OK.

The problem could be with the connection?
If that’s the case, then offline install can be a workaround.

Went ahead and wiped anything from the attempt at the online installation and tried an offline one, and that is now stuck at 85% on the same event.

2022-04-17 - 22:30:46 [6]: [PYTHON JOB]: “==> info: copying extra drivers to target\n”

Log: https://clbin.com/flDuS

Maybe you can boot on the Live ISO with internet connection and provide the link to this command.

inxi -Faz | eos-sendlog

That command did not do anything for me, giving up for now will try again tomorrow proabbly.

It needs an internet connection to run.

I was connected to the internet.

Had another go at an online install this morning, the only different thing this time conpared to the last attempt is that I chnaged the mirrors the install was using and it worked without issue this time around.

6 Likes

You may have had connectivity but no packets went anywhere! :laughing: