Online accounts calendar did not synchronize

after installing Gnome43 on my laptop i wanted to synchronize my calendar with nextcloud online accounts but i get no data.
what do i have to pay attention to so that this works? are there any additional packages to install?

the second thing is the weather. weather app can’t find my location?
what do i have to do in gnome?

sorry for the stupid questions but i haven’t used gnome for years :wink:

Weather is working now. Geolocation was disabled.
Now in Nautilus i see online-account after installing

gvfs-goa

then i open online accounts in the terminal and get this output which i can’t do anything with.

gnome-control-center -v online-accounts
(gnome-control-center:10866): Gtk-WARNING **: 19:11:48.589: Theme parser error: gtk.css:5189:48-49: Expected a valid selector

(gnome-control-center:10866): cc-wwan-panel-WARNING **: 19:11:48.922: Error connecting to ModemManager: Fehler beim Aufruf von StartServiceByName für org.freedesktop.ModemManager1: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service not found.
GLib-GIO: _g_io_module_get_default: Found default implementation dconf (DConfSettingsBackend) for ?gsettings-backend?GoaBackend: Loading all providers: GoaBackend:  - googleGoaBackend:  - owncloudGoaBackend:  - windows_liveGoaBackend:  - exchangeGoaBackend:  - lastfmGoaBackend:  - imap_smtpGoaBackend:  - kerberosGoaBackend: activated kerberos providerGoaBackend:  - media-serverGLib-GIO: Using cross-namespace EXTERNAL authentication (this will deadlock if server is GDBus < 2.73.3)19:11:49.0883                    (null):    DEBUG: No extra argument
19:11:49.0890      diagnostics-cc-panel:    DEBUG: ABRT vanished

Have you got gvfs-google installed?

1 Like

yes it’s installed. as i understand it, this only has to do with the google cloud.
my online accounts are to synchronize with nextcloud and that does not work

Did you check if it has something to do with the firewall configuration on your system.
EnOS ships with a firewall already enabled.
For the sake of testing, disable it temporarily and see if you can connect to Nextcloud.
If that works, look into how to configure your firewall to allow for the connection.

1 Like

i have not installed firewalld. i prefer ufw. i have tried that too.

2 Likes

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever fixed your gnome-online-accounts issue with Google?

I did a new install on the weekend with Gnome 43.1 and I also noticed that even though I can complete the Online Accounts wizard and Google notifies I have given it permission. The Cloud drive does not show in File Manager \ Nautilus.

Found this as well as I look through the bugs:

i have problems to synchronize my nextcloud instance. i use nextcloud on a hoster (woelkli.com).
somehow gnome43 is not really working as it should. synchronizing my data is elemental for me.
i have decided to work with plasma on my laptop again

Thanks for letting me know. I’m thinking about filing a gnome bug. But not allot of hope seeing that others have reported similar issues.

1 Like