Old tech bloke eos review

Welcome to the forum! :grin: I enjoyed watching a couple of your reviews last year

2 Likes

Welcome @OTB :enos: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

Welcome @OTB :hugs: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

welcome

2 Likes

right?

thats most reviews these days for anything lol I use/play something for at minimum 50hrs before reviewing unless i have a small window on a return if its crap right out the gate.

2 Likes

Nice review, @OTB! Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

On a different note, is that a motorcycle in your living room? :motorcycle:

2 Likes

A real :enos_flag: user offering a proper review. Love it.

3 Likes

you dont keep a motorcycle in your living room to emulate “The Fonz”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

HA! I’m not sure everyone on this forum would get the reference to the Fonz…?

4 Likes

WOW da Fonz…huge fan!

2 Likes

I was just recently watching the Christmas episode when hes faking going to his cousins and they go to invite him over for Christmas and his bike is in the living room of his apartment so when i saw the bike i thought of that immediately lol

2 Likes

The only other things that struck me about that review are:

1. It is actually faster ONline than OFFline now - <3 minutes with a good connection!
  2. I love the workflow implied by the alias set for updating - but the second one would be better as yay -Sua so it doesn’t need to be run second, and doesn’t waste time/effort checking the repos for anything…
    Also - I keep packages in cache trimmed down with paccache -rk1, and only remove excess databases when needed…

Love your channel, but haven’t found a way to subscribe without logging in to youtube yet :grin: There’s a few things worth following (your channel included), though, so I guess I need to set up another browser to use for being logged in…

1 Like

@waterbuffalo lol yes but it’s not my living room, basically it’s a fancy shed at the bottom of my garden

1 Like

Thanks for the comments everyone

welcome and enjoy your stay here

1 Like

i have been lurking around on the MX Linux forum for some months, back then. Never seen things like.

• Youtuber reviews a distro
  • someone posts the review in the distro forum
  • the actual reviewer joins the forum and makes the first post.
  • Everyone recognize and appreciate the youtuber.

i am exaggerating here or really this is great and agile community never seen before, elsewhere.

6 Likes

Welcome to EnOS’ forum @OTB!
:enos:

1 Like

@freebird54, if you feel like installing another piece of software on your system:

For Android:

5 Likes

Great Review, have been watching your videos for a while now.

1 Like

wow! nice to have you with us!

2 Likes