Oh man this is crazy!

I had to translate that using Google (!). I think it means (kind of) “it’s good” but a bit more. I’m sorry I don’t know the Japanese alphabets, There are so many to learn!

1 Like

It means “it is good yes” :wink:

1 Like

Google sucks

1 Like

Cool, I got something right! How about Ikura and Uni? I heard Okinawa has some of the best Uni. I love Ikura Gunkan but most Western people would not go near it. Also I love Natto with rice. Even some Japanese think that’s mad but with some pickles and salmon it’s a great breakfast :smile:

2 Likes

Uni, natto - man, you’re making me hungry!

3 Likes

They are both safe. Uni tastes amazing!!

1 Like

Hi @anon3337769, sounds like you’ve been to Japan too?

2 Likes
2 Likes

No, not yet. But I’ve been to some very good sushi bars here in the US, and befriended the owners at 2 of them - so I’ve had some really good stuff.

Uni is one of my favorites. And a hand roll with natto, hamachi and shiso is just so good.

3 Likes

Yeah there’s some good Japanese food on the west coast of the USA, San Fran and Seattle especially.

1 Like

I live in the east of the mediterranean. Not many good Japanese restaurants. Heck I even miss Benihana!

1 Like

Is that Teppanyaki? That’s just for tourists! Good fun yeah but not very real. I know what you mean though. Luckily I have some Chinese stores at home that sell some Japanese food so I am learning to make some things at home.

1 Like

Teppanyaki=tourist food…

1 Like