NVIDIA driver 450.66 released for Linux, includes a useful Vulkan sync fix

Heads up, Nvidia sync to vblank issue addressed;

This addresses the issue of applications being capped to half the display refresh rate (for example, capped to 30 FPS on a 60 Hz display) when 1) they are flipping sync’d to vblank 2) use more than two swapchain images (which is the case of DXVK) and 3) they render below the display refresh rate. If such application renders at 54 FPS on a 60 Hz display, it should now flip at 54 FPS instead of 30 FPS.
Damien Leone, NVIDIA

Source

1 Like

right when i choose to remove NVidia drivers to use nouveau for now :rofl:

1 Like

Thx for headsup!
I don’t think i’ve seen effect of that…But it’s still really good to know if someone had it that this fixed! :star_struck:

1 Like

I’ve been using the driver since yesterday (via the chaotic-aur). It seems to have resolved and issue I was having with Final Fantasy XIV where the game would experience a DirectX 11 crash if I alt-tabbed to another window. It’s too early to say for certain, but it seems to be working very well.

1 Like

Awesome! That is good to hear. I love that Nvidia is on it. I have taken a break from gaming for about a month or so, so haven’t experienced the sync issue personally. I really need to get back into it though. :video_game:

1 Like