No post smileys (SOLVED)

kermit-1651325_960_720

6 Likes

Hate to be the one to break it, but…

:hot_face: :cold_face: :scream:

We’re getting out of hand here without smileys, it’s 3 days and both issues are still with us! :cry:

3 Likes

I assume that the emojis are generated by the Retort plug-in; the issue has been reported to the maintainer.

6 Likes

Yeah that looks like our problem! :+1:

Maybe it’s possible to downgrade plugin, while they resolve it? :thinking:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Day 5, still no post smileys…

frog_cry

4 Likes

But look at that frog creativity! :joy:

P.S. :sob:

4 Likes

They are back! Although the plugin is still bugged…

Still, it’s a reason to celebrate (with plenty of water and other drinks to keep hydrated)!

frog_party_72

5 Likes

I can’t celebrate yet, to me both plugins are borked in an infinite loop now, even message one…
So i write smileys from memory :frog:

3 Likes

For me, too… The plugin is bugged. But you can get around it by just typing in the search bar, and emojis will appear. It’s not perfect, but infinitely better than not having smileys at all.

frog_exploding_head_72

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s continually loading for me but it will present emojis when I search for them so, kinda there? :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Your frog clearly overheated, you forgot to stay hydrated! :rofl:

3 Likes

Post Smileys :frowning:
This is a little annoying since the only way to get rid of it continually loading is to refresh the page.

…or, by clicking on a random emoji and then clicking on it again below the post to remove it :wink:

But yes, Retort is a really buggy plugin. I’ve heard it being referred to as “the Deepin of Discourse plugins” :frog:

3 Likes

Yet it’s impossible to live without that little critter! :frog:

2 Likes

When I updated the forum this morning, I noticed the bug also, that’s why I didn’t post anything on this subject. :wink:

8 Likes

Well, thank you anyway, even bugged smileys is better than no smileys! frog_hugs_72

3 Likes

You can now easily satisfy your smiley addiction, the issue is solved.

8 Likes

Thank you!!! :hugs:

However, the bug which resets from yellow skin tone still there (in create / reply to post), but that’s not biggie :slight_smile:

1 Like