No packages were upgraded

I had this error after ran syu

Total ( 97/132)                                                                                                  788,0 MiB   353 KiB/s 38:04 [---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed retrieving file 'linux-5.16.9.arch1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : OpenSSL SSL_read: Connection reset by peer, errno 104
error: failed retrieving file 'linux-firmware-20220209.6342082-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 13 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
error: failed retrieving file 'electron-16.0.8-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 17 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
warning: too many errors from mirror.pkgbuild.com, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file 'gcc-11.2.0-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 19 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
error: failed retrieving file 'kactivities-5.91.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 367 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
error: failed retrieving file 'kjobwidgets-5.91.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 369 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
error: failed retrieving file 'purpose-5.91.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 375 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
error: failed retrieving file 'kguiaddons-5.91.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst.sig' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 377 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
error: failed retrieving file 'kauth-5.91.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 379 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
error: failed retrieving file 'kdnssd-5.91.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.pkgbuild.com : HTTP/2 stream 381 was not closed cleanly before end of the underlying stream
warning: failed to retrieve some files
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Looks like you lost internet, or a bad mirror.

2 Likes

i will run that command again after reboot then
does it continues where it stoped?

I think you should update your mirrorlist.

1 Like

More or less - if the packages were successfully downloaded to local, they won’t have to be retrieved again, which speeds things up a lot!

I agree about the mirrorlist update though - try rate-mirrors arch or even reflector-simple for a better list.

Can you, please, elaborate on this (reflector-simple yielding results better than rate-mirrors) ? So I understand what can be done better.

Actually, I think the rate-mirrors works a little bit better, and sometimes faster, but both will give you a tested list of mirrors to work from. reflector-simple is, as is fair enough, simpler (to operate) as it is a GUI that ships with EndeavourOS - but both are fairly straightforward.

1 Like