No internet connection with no apparent reason

Strangely I get bash: inxi: command not found

Yes that would be strange as inxi should be installed.

pacman -Qi inxi

Error: package ā€˜inxiā€™ not found

Youā€™re on Arch?

Nope, endeavourOS

Install:

sudo pacman -S inxi

Doesnā€™t look like itā€™s installed then. Are you able to install it?

sudo pacman -S inxi

@pebcak @ricklinux the problem is that I have no internet access neither by Ethernet or wifi. Can I somehow download the package on liveusb boot and install it on my system in offline mode?

Sorry!
How could I forget that!
:man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Did you try to use the live ISO and boot on it and arch-chroot and then do a full update.

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/?s=chroot

2 Likes

And in arch-chroot you can install any package like inxi.

Interesting that live system can access internet but installed not. So please show inxi on both systems.

1 Like

@pebcak @ricklinux @manuel
So Iā€™ve chrooted live system, installed inxi. Ran inxi -Na on live system and my install. The result is the same.
Š”Š½ŠøŠ¼Š¾Šŗ эŠŗрŠ°Š½Š°_2022-06-05_22-22-07

Also Iā€™ve booted back to live system chrooted again and updated all packages, it didnā€™t help with the internet though

1 Like

With the great help of people here I understood how to install inxi with no internet, so now I can share the result of inxi -Fxxc0z --no-host
inxi1
inxi2

1 Like

If you arch-chrooted from the live ISO then you must have had internet to be able to install inxi? I had asked if you could try a complete update.

sudo pacman -Syu

They did:

So internet works on WiFi and Ethernet on the live ISO? But installed neither is working?

Edit: The resolv.conf should be showing the internal private network and the external connection(LAN)
If not then it is not getting out.

[ricklinux@rick-ms7c37 ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf

Generated by NetworkManager

search home
nameserver xxx.xxx.x.x
nameserver xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
[ricklinux@rick-ms7c37 ~]$

This is the problem iā€™m sure. (VPN)

Hereā€™s what my resolv.conf shows atm:

As for vpns Iā€™m not actively connected to any of them. All of them are connected to on demand, not constantly. Iā€™ve set up the connection to the latest on 31.05, last Tuesday and was able to connect to internet with and without it up until recently.

It may not be connected to any of them but itā€™s something to do with the vpn set up and installed software causing the problem. Whether itā€™s an update has changed something with the vpn networking set up i donā€™t know. I donā€™t know your setup only you do.

Thanks anyway. At this point I prepared a live usb with the current iso as I need my system working normally for tomorrow. If there are no other options Iā€™ll reinstall system tonight.

1 Like