Nm-applet doesn't appear to do anything

Agreed with TheRaOct. You should find how nm-applet is launch on autostart.
If in Sway you got “nm-applet --indicator”, then nm-applet is probably launch by another way on Sway/System startup.

PS : sorry for my english. . .

Looking at the processes, it’s running SDDM.

Yeah, now it’s running properly. I cloned the configurations file from the github repo, replaced it and now it works fine. I’m not sure why though, since this problem appeared right after I installed the OS.

I’m going to reinstall anyways, so to be sure I’ll check if there’s differences between the configurations in the github repo and the installation process. (I’m not sure if it’s downloaded from there)

Thank y’all for the help! I appreciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

only as a headsup… not sure if this is the same issue on sway but under i3 it seems in case there is no primary display set the option in config:
tray_output primary
will cause the tray to not show up…

I double checked and apparently tray_output is an option for swaybar, but not for waybar which is the default for EOS-Sway. (The primary concept is not yet defined in wayland, it only exists in xorg).

As far as I can tell waybar has some issues with the tray anyway, I even found some mentions of nm-applet in particular:

I quickly tested it and neither tray_output none nor tray_output primary had any effect when using waybar (i.e. the tray icons stayed visible).