Nice to meet you all!

Dear EndeavourOS Community.

I have installed EndeavourOS and joined this community recently. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Best regards,
Leeroy

5 Likes

Welcome to the community!

:enos: :handshake:t5:

1 Like

Yo! Nice username :wink:

2 Likes

“Time’s up, let’s do this!”

Kalispera, file! :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome Leeeeroyyyyy!

1 Like

Leeeeeeeeeroy Jeeeeeenkins!

2 Likes

@anon79608109 , Welcome to the dark side and there’s no going back. :wave:

1 Like

Hi @anon79608109 and welcome to the forum

1 Like

welcome to EOS!

1 Like

welcome. what distro did you leave behind?

1 Like

For now I don’t wish to go back honestly, I like this distro a lot.

1 Like

I left Manjaro, due to suspected malware and loud fan noise.

1 Like

far out. how do you like the differences?

ps–re: yr other thread --did you run malware scan? i just used tiger from repo, small and modest. wanted to see what it was about before uninstalling it. think I had mostly false positives but there was an --arch architecture argument I didn’t use in the command…that’s way so many permssions warnings. anyway–only suggesting for piece of mind.

1 Like

I like EndeavourOS more, as it’s more user-friendly. Also, it is more easily “modified”, which I also like. It’s not too complicated for me, so I get the chance to learn more.

I also made a whole thread in General System > Kernel, Boot, Graphics and Hardware. You can take a look when you have time, any help is appreciated. I haven’t tried “tiger” yet, but I will.

Thank you!

1 Like

P.S. I can suggest using LMD/malder, rkhunter (a bit outdated) and/or ClamAV. Also Lynis is a nice tool, it also vets your system.

thanks for the reply. ClamAV grotesque always 499 libre office warnings and 1 PUP…always around 500…maldet was cool. rkhunter thru false positives like there was no tomorrow in my windows days. Lynis is the prize. -–the thing is I don’t want to run them. I always think this is residual windows conditioning as Win got infected daily..

edit: someone should start a thread someday “do you AV scan on Endeavour, why, and how often?” I’m guilty to the tune of once a year.

Καλωσόρισες φίλε!!! :enos:

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

:enos:

1 Like

Welcome to the :enos:-Forum!

1 Like