News-update April release

The development of the new ISO is in full swing and we’re very close to announce the release date.

This release will have some features that I already announced like, a fix for dual booting and the look and feel for the Calamares installer.
Upcoming ISO will debut our mirror, the info for the settings on running systems will follow soon and another feature I can anounce right now is a universal boot for all systems.

On a personal note, at this moment I’m in hospital due to COVID-19, I am relatively doing okay and I’m confident I will be home soon.

To all of you stay healthy and safe and also keep an eye on the announcements these days.

24 Likes

@folgui Could you translate this for the Spanish Telegram group?

EDIT
@juanprm, I asked folgui, since he reacted on this post very quick, but if you want to do it, it is also fine of course. :wink:

1 Like

@Bryanpwo tell that virus that you have more urgent issues and it better let you be.
Else, you just can unleash the rm- rf /virus* on it.
Only joking, hope that you’ll be back soon. Get well!

4 Likes

French translation done: Communiqué de presse du mois d'avril

By the way, my own tests are working every single time. Can’t wait to have a new official ISO to play with :smiley:

6 Likes

My family and I will be praying for you and hoping for a speedy recovery.

4 Likes

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery. Even my cat added to the same opinion - was that a complaint about being evicted from the keyboard?

Looking forward to the new ISO too - I just used the old ones for 8 installs serially! So - if there are improvements from that performance, it should be awesome…

Freebird54

5 Likes

Oh crap! Anyway, do take your time.

2 Likes

I wish you to get well soon my friend!!!

2 Likes

Hello @Bryanpwo, so glad to hear you are ok. I already translated your message!

2 Likes

@Bryanpwo
We are all thinking of you and hope you are back soon well! Stronger than ever! Good to hear you are doing okay.

2 Likes

I hope you feel better, don’t overexert yourself!

2 Likes

Hope you can get plenty of well deserved rest and feel better soon! :sneezing_face: :face_with_thermometer: :mask:

2 Likes

Get well Bryan, that’s what counts ! :pray:

2 Likes

Wish you a fast recovery, and don’t forget to add all the desktop info that eos offers in Distrowatch, specially KDE Plasma!

2 Likes

I am about to finish my translations, however something I need to ask.

Upcoming ISO will debut our mirror,

Meaning that this ISO will debut our mirror --as in a new , improved download mirror?
Or will debut as first available from out mirror?
Sorry, it is just unclear to me and I want to avoid any mistakes.

We never had an own mirror, we use the one from Github, this next release will install our mirror, to download updates, by default.

4 Likes

What about existing installs? Will they have the new mirror also?

Yes.

3 Likes

So great to read an Announcement from our Commander, it remembers me this historical takeoff from December !

Could a little surprise that Users asked on the forum appears in this new ISO ? maybe… :desktop_computer:

The force is on your side, keep safe…be patient, stay strong as you do and come back home, we are with You. :houses:

4 Likes

Dear Bryan,

My wife and I wish for you a speedy and complete recovery.

Lawrence

2 Likes