New yay out! Updated to v11.3.0

Greetings lovely community,

Today is a good day if you’re an AUR helper user as yay v11.3.0 just came out! It has a couple of new features, bug fixes, translation updates, and miscellaneous improvements. Some of the notable new features include the following:

Features

• e0006ec (aur) add option to limit concurrent downloads (#1768)

• 0fdfe79 Add experimental vote util to yay (#1765)

• feat(vote): add vote utility

• update deps

• add vote and unvote capabilities

• use -W for web ops

For the #1763 pull, it’s worth mentioning:

• feat(aur): add option to limit concurrent downloads

Adds to config file option ‘maxconcurrentdownloads’ which if set to value != 0, limits number of concurrent AUR downloads to specified. Fixes #1763. * fix lint issue

If you’d like to see the full list of bug fixes and check the release notes, please see the link below on the devs GitHub:

Not sure who maintains yay in the EndeavourOS repo, but feel free to politely ping that user so they know. Anyways, just a quick post, hope everyone is having a great weekend! :wink:

10 Likes

Well, what can I say but…

YAY!!

:raised_hands:

1 Like

But… but… how is that possible?! The paru developer told me that yay was dead!
Even the tubers reported on it!

:rofl:

10 Likes

Since yay is in the eos repo it will need to be updated?

2 Likes

Yes, whoever is the maintainer of the yay package in the endeavouros repo has to rebuild it.

2 Likes

Judging by the EndeavourOS PKGBUILD GitHub where yay and other EndeavourOS packages are located, it looks like @joekamprad might be the main guy to be really really nice to and kindly ask for an update to yay when he has the time, no rush of course :wink: :enos:

1 Like

Maybe? :shushing_face:

2 Likes

yay updated to the repo. :sweat_smile:
May take some time to get to the mirrors near you.

5 Likes

Joe is on vacation btw…

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Joe #2! I mean @manuel :wink:

1 Like

The mirror at alpix.eu already has it. Just updated…

~🐸 yay --version
yay v11.3.0 - libalpm v13.0.1

Thanks @manuel, that was fast.

2 Likes

Took me about 2 hours to realize yay was updated…
This time I was exceptionally fast. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks! Everyone

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be getting to me yet?

We don’t distribute updates down the Bacon Pipeline

1 Like

Not me either but I’m sure it’ll get here soon. I got the 5.19 kernel update waiting too, about time to install that.

Must be clogged with grease? :laughing:

3 Likes

We need to add a bit more Canadian Maple Syrup to the servers, and then the mirrors will get updates for you. Just try again in like an hour and see :wink:

1 Like

You could use the Alpix repo to get it sooner…

1 Like

Where do i get the alpix repo info to add it to the mirror list. I tried adding Germany but it didn’t do anything.